GTA IV Performance Problems on the PC

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the hunch its something to do with either the pagefile, or XP (or perhaps 32 bit OS's in general) - someone try setting there pagefile to 4096/4096 (maximum for 32 bit) or ~12000/12000 in x64 and see what results we get?

I find the very opposite with everyone's "performance" recommendations for page file - vista loves it big (8gb ram, 16gb page file, or for 32 bit max it etc) and to stop fragmentation/movement, set min and max as the same, gives apps plenty of space to "spill" etc.

Post back with results?

G

Update drivers: Done that. (30min ago, 112MB Drivers (WTF?)).

GTA Wants:
Windows XP - SP3 (Got that, EVERYTHING updated).
1GB Memory (Got 3GB).
16GB HDD Free Space (Got 120GB).
Video Card: Geforce 7900 (Got 7900GT 256MB).
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8GHZ (Got Intel E2180 @ 2GHZ (Dual Core)).

My PC meets and in some parts, exceeds, the minimum requirements and the game insists on running on lowest graphics (it won't let me put the graphics higher)and then runs badly to boot - Overall, very dissapointed with this game.

Don't even get me started on Windows Live and their Region rubbish, can't even login to save my game. :mad:

[citation][nom]Sabbz[/nom]Update drivers: Done that. (30min ago, 112MB Drivers (WTF?)).GTA Wants: Windows XP - SP3 (Got that, EVERYTHING updated).1GB Memory (Got 3GB).16GB HDD Free Space (Got 120GB).Video Card: Geforce 7900 (Got 7900GT 256MB).Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8GHZ (Got Intel E2180 @ 2GHZ (Dual Core)). My PC meets and in some parts, exceeds, the minimum requirements and the game insists on running on lowest graphics (it won't let me put the graphics higher)and then runs badly to boot - Overall, very dissapointed with this game. Don't even get me started on Windows Live and their Region rubbish, can't even login to save my game. >[/citation]

Who runs minimum specs for a game?

Your system is old! Even my 8800GT (twice the power of your 7900 atleast) and even its old and out dates (2 year old tech etc).

The Game is NEW, your hardware needs to be NEW.

NFS Pro Streets ran like crap on my 7900GT when i had one - no one bitched about that one?

G

This is all sad. I have a:

WinXP SP3
AMD X2 2.5GHz
Nvidia 6600 GT 512MB
3 GB 667MHz
ECS board

and I get nothing from this game. I am thinking maybe I should get a 8400 GT 512 card, but I am wondering would it help?

G

Thx for all the complaining, I will definitely not buy this game...

But for everyone with these problems, do yourselfs a favour by hurting them straight back, and ASK FOR A REFUND!! That will hurt them, and don't stop asking! ;-)

geekay007

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I have a new quad core 2.66GHz two GT9600 cards 1 Gig video RAM and 6 gig ram and it still plays like crap at times. The final mission has an unrecoverable glitch and rockstar won't even reply to my many emails. Stick it up your arse rockstar, I won't be buying any more of your crap. People buy your games and you make them jump through 50 fuckin hoops just to install the game and then they can't even use their own controller. You guys well and truly suck now.

Status
Not open for further replies.