Question GTA V bad fps the longer i play

Dec 23, 2021
my specs are
nivida rtx 3060
intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz
ram 16gb
driver is an ssd driver and is 1T of space

ive tried everything to running to an admin,putting my power plan to ultimate preformance overclocking, ive tried lots please this is irrtating me.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
The longer you play the warmer the pc may be getting.

Update your post to include full system specs and hardware information:

Motherboard: make and model.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition. History of heavy gaming use?

Disk drive(s): Make, model, capacity, how full?

Make and model monitor? What video connectivity between GPU and monitor?

Dec 23, 2021
The longer you play the warmer the pc may be getting.

Update your post to include full system specs and hardware information:

Motherboard: make and model.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition. History of heavy gaming use?

Disk drive(s): Make, model, capacity, how full?

Make and model monitor? What video connectivity between GPU and monitor?
dont know my moniter cause its a tv and i dont use this moniter that much psu i dont know i got this pc in 2018

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model TV?

Are you comfortable with powering down the computer, unplugging it, and opening the case?

Then looking inside to identify motherboard, PSU, and other components?

PC = 3+ years old: case could be in need of a good cleaning to remove dust and debris.

Then re-seat all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers. Inspect for signs of damage.

Do you have a knowledgeable family member, friend, or co-worker who could help?

Dec 23, 2021
Make and model TV?

Are you comfortable with powering down the computer, unplugging it, and opening the case?

Then looking inside to identify motherboard, PSU, and other components?

PC = 3+ years old: case could be in need of a good cleaning to remove dust and debris.

Then re-seat all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers. Inspect for signs of damage.

Do you have a knowledgeable family member, friend, or co-worker who could help?
well my rtx was put in a few days ago,got a new case with it the model is a samsung tv and my parents are working ive tried everything also im scared i might break my pc so i cant open it sorry :(

Ralston18

Titan
Okay - no immediate need to open the PC.

You can use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both but only one at a time.

After booting up your system but before gaming or really doing anything else, open Task Manager.

Just explore the tool to get a sense of what it presents and how to understand what is being shown.

Leave the Task Manager window open but drag to one side. Play GTA as usual while watching Task Manager. Look for what changes when/while fps drops or otherwise goes bad.

You can use the same process using Resource Monitor.

Remember the objective is not to "win" GTA at this time. What you are trying to discover is what changes when fps drops. The graphical representations may make that/those changes very noticeable.

And it may take you a few tries to focus in on one particular suspect. Maybe RAM for example.

However, with a 3 year old computer and a new RTX, it is quite likely that the PSU is unable to provide power at times of peak demand during GTA play.

That said, just start monitoring system performance and the problem could prove to be elsewhere.

Also, who installed the RTX/new case? Was that your parents? Have whoever did that work open the case, do the cleaning (if necessary), and double check all connections etc.. Something may have been bumped loose.

Dec 23, 2021
Okay - no immediate need to open the PC.

You can use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both but only one at a time.

After booting up your system but before gaming or really doing anything else, open Task Manager.

Just explore the tool to get a sense of what it presents and how to understand what is being shown.

Leave the Task Manager window open but drag to one side. Play GTA as usual while watching Task Manager. Look for what changes when/while fps drops or otherwise goes bad.

You can use the same process using Resource Monitor.

Remember the objective is not to "win" GTA at this time. What you are trying to discover is what changes when fps drops. The graphical representations may make that/those changes very noticeable.

And it may take you a few tries to focus in on one particular suspect. Maybe RAM for example.

However, with a 3 year old computer and a new RTX, it is quite likely that the PSU is unable to provide power at times of peak demand during GTA play.

That said, just start monitoring system performance and the problem could prove to be elsewhere.

Also, who installed the RTX/new case? Was that your parents? Have whoever did that work open the case, do the cleaning (if necessary), and double check all connections etc.. Something may have been bumped loose.
it was done by a computer company ill try this later it lags when i drive fast usually ill do this tommorow