yonatan111

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Hello.
i have A:
Gtx 970 @1500~
I5 4570 @3.2 Ghz
8 gigs ram

i am having truble with this game - when i drive it stutters every 5 seconds..
My cpu usage is 100% (!) i dont know why..
and my gpu usage is about 50 - 70 %
iv'e been told that my cpu wont be bottlenecking my gpu..

any suggestions?

thanks.

Solution
A lot of people with various sytems have had mixed results with gta v. They've already released multiple fixes I believe, have you installed all the updates/patches? It's been a pretty glitchy release unfortunately with fixes and updates almost immediately after it was made available. Mcnumpty23's suggestion was a good one, in task manager it should show what's using your cpu and the percentage it's using. A good way to find out if it's solely the game or other programs interfering. Your system should be able to handle the game fine.

yonatan111

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
No. the only procces that requiers cpu power is gta5.exe.
Advanced shadows are indeed on, should i turn them off?
the aa is 2X msaa, fxaa enabled, Txaa enabled.
everything else is on V.high or so.
my Anti virus is On "gaming mode" at the moment.

thanks.

lets do some basics to make sure 'under the hood' is as we expected first turn off ALL OCing.

Did you install all Windows Updates? Including OPTIONAL except BING? Check them and repeat till ALL are installed.

Download and run Slim Drivers, install all the latest updates but you don't need to reboot until you do the last update

Go to www.filehippo.com, download Malwarebytes, go to CUSTOM Scan and set it to do a full system scan (by DEFAULT IT DOESN"T DO THAT, and AntiVirus doesn't pick up alot of malware) - this resolved almost ALL other similiar posts to date as most had Malware the AV didn't pick up.

Remove whatever AV your using and download AVIRA, AVG, Comodo or Panda go to CUSTOM Scan and set it to do a full system scan (by DEFAULT IT DOESN"T DO THAT) - this repeatedly has resolved alot of people issue relying on MS Essentials.

Repeat the AV/Malware scans till the system comes up clean.

Download and run SPECCY, copy and paste the first tab to show your idle temps

Download AUTORUNS and turn off anything NOT critical on startup, so you don't need to run JAVAScheduler to check for Java updates everytime you start your computer for example. BE CAREFUL AND KNOW WHAT YOUR TURNING OFF BEFORE YOU DO IT.

Download and run MSI Afterburner, in the settings turn ON OSD, then go through and SET the stuff to 'watch' by enabling them in OSD (On Screen Display)
Now run some of the games that run poor, what temps are you getting when underload as compared to what you posted?
With MSI Afterburner Do you see anything funny that the CPU or other parts are maxing out (we are testing here not trying to WIN at the games, so if your screen is filled with readouts then just deal as we are just observing).
Do you see this problem when in SOLO MODE? Only when Multiplayer?
Check all the games you listed, and provide if there they ALL or just SOME are having this issue?

Open Computer, Can Air dust out the bunnies and use paint brush on the vents, coolers, fans, etc.

Go through and provide a response on each point, don't SKIP IT because "I ALREADY DID IT" , just try doing it again as of THIS post so we know NOW what is happening as compared to BEFORE you posted.

yonatan111

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

Wow. thanks for that answer.
I expirence that issue only On gta v.
its a new PC all temps are fine:
Gpu: 60 - 70 ~
Cpu: 50 - 65 ~
Avg scans find nothing.
i guess its a problem that a lot of people having.. its not only me.

My 2600k/GTX 770 can handle the default HIGH preset, with Textures bumped to high. And Haswell sees a significant performance boost over SB,a s far as reviews are showing, so your i5 should be doing about the same.

It's possible the GTX 970 VRAM issue is popping up; I recommend trying to keep VRAM usage under 3GB or so, just to make sure that last .5GB isn't affecting you.

yonatan111

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

Me too.
the Vram scale in the menu tells me i am using about 2.9 Gb. @1920x1200

Sweeds

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
i have an i7 4770k, gtx 770 4g, and 16 gigs ram but this is happening to me too. When I play the game I can here my cpu cooler go crazy and if i minimize the game and try to open something like google chrome, everything goes to hell.

Sweeds start a new post and follow the steps. Many MANY MANY!!! peopel posting really have no clue about computers at all have malware, never yupdated drivers, running pirated Windows, using IGP to play games, etc. and just posting '"GTA V dont' work" . Alot is basics so i would suggest that first then we can see from your RESULTS you answer the questions on it will help narrow it down as you have a system capable for the game

Many people are having 'problems' because they have malware on their computers, didn't update drivers, don't know what RAM when they say they have a TeraByte and plenty of room, etc. So please do not just toss that stick around, when it is very false (just look at the MOUNTAIN of posts here of people with low end PCs whining they can't play it, etc.).

That said, please reply to each line nit just a couple points. What happened when you ran Malwarebytes (AVG as I said won't pick up malware). Please post your Speccy first tab because THOSE NUMBERS ARE NOT GOOD if they are IDLES (big issue). What did you find when you used Autoruns? What TRUE numbers were you getting from the OSD of MSI Afterburner? Did you see just the GPU maxing out? Nothing else? etc. etc. etc.

There is more here to diagnose then just saying 'bunch people complaining so that must be the issue'.

Solution

Do not attempt to run GTA with a browser open. I've already found that ANYTHING that uses flash is going to turn GTA into a stutter fest. A game like this is basically going to steal all your system resources.

And if your cooler is going crazy, that's an indication you either need to clean out your PC, or get a better cooler. Your 4770k beats my 2600k, and you have the 4GB 770 and I have the 2GB version. I can run GTA fine, so you should too. So make sure temps are under control.

Sweeds

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015

I have only had my pc for a few moths and my cooler just started doing this after i got gta 5

yonatan111

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

Oh sorry.
Speccy stats :
http://postimg.org/image/707zeu8hn/
Msi afterburner Ingame stats (while driving) :
http://postimg.org/image/h7mr6nc57/
Thank you!

Kevin Vandel

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
Are you sure GTA is the process using all your CPU when you're playing?
I have the same kind of issue with an i5-4670K, and I have found that the "System" process takes 20-25% of my CPU after I launch the game (to see this process in the Task Manager, you have to click the "show processes from all users" button), which sometimes totals 100% with the GTA process, and makes the game stutter...

Yeh your CPU is maxing out when it should be, per the SPECCY UNLESS your trying to play this on ULTRA??
I would throttle the graphics back one level, retest if you still get the same type of HIGH CPU usage and LOW GPU then something else is happening (as I suggested REPEATEDLY) like Malware, not all drivers installed, etc. Again, please follow my steps one at a time and reply back to each line the results. We need to establish nothing is going on in the 'background'.

yonatan111

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

while running the game
I got some "System Idle proccess" running on 67% of my cpu.
and Svchost At 25% cpu.

Last time I am going to repeat here OP,
PLEASE FOLLOW EACH LINE AND REPLY BACK as per my post above.
If you are not confident to follow the steps as outlined and reply back bring it to a IT Shop for them to work on.

Again... this can be any number of different or single things, but with what you said we can't just tell you some magic one command or click one option that will fix this.

subwaydinners

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015
I followed each step (full Malwarebytes scan/clean internals/check idle temps) and still suffer from the same problems specifically in GTA V; namely, CPU usage across cores is 90-100% and GPU usage is at around 40-60%. The strange part is that in the prologue I was getting slightly lower CPU usage in the 80s, but my GPU was working at around 90/100% there. My setup is a little different, with an i3 4130 and GTX 760 (8gb 1600mhz RAM), however numerous people have stated that such a setup can readily achieve 1080p60fps on all high settings and pop. density/variety scaled back. The digital foundry benchmarks in particular matched the same CPU with a lesser card (750ti) and managed to largely achieve 60fps, while I'm getting dips into the 20s with 30% GPU utilisation when driving in L.S...

Well thank you for following the steps. You should follow them at LEAST monthly anyway to maintain your PC.
In response to your question, your hardware is much different then the OP here, and such you should have posted your own thread separately so as not to confuse with the OP. That said, whenever you have a question about you can always check with www.canirunit.com and see how your hardware stacks up in any game.

REMEMBER: MINIMUM Means playing 1024x768 Low graphics and getting AT LEAST 15FPS
RECOMMENDED: Is the true 'gamer's experiance' as 'I saw on youtube'.

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/grand-theft-auto-v/system-requirements
Recommended System Requirements
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

As you can see per the maker you need AT LEAST a i5, you have a i3. Which PROVES (and something I and others on here keep trying to tell alot of thick headed people) those 'youtube videos' are false, your own numbers show the CPU is bottlenecking the performance because a i3 has less cores. Further you will find that your GPU performance expectations is only the 40's if paired with a i7 5649 Extreme Edition, so dropping down to a i3 well... yeah your not going to perform very well especially if your playing 1080p on all high settings you will never get 60FPS, it is impossible EVEN with a i7EE used instead. http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2428094 . Equally to get your i3 to produce 40FPS (scroll down that link) you would need to pair it with a 970OC which would demand alot more PSU power AND costs over $350 by itself to get 40FPS only.

PC Gaming is expensive if you can't afford to replace your system (you need to replace CPU, the GPU, and that means PSU as well) then stick with a PS4, for only $200-400 you can play GTAV 1080P High @30FPS and many other titles at 60FPS.

If you want all those sliders on “ultra”, here are the specs the developer has in mind.

Rockstar’s Kevin Hoare, 2 quotes

"Sure, at 1080p and 60fps, you can make do with a 2GB, mid-to-high range graphics card — either an AMD HD7870 or NVIDIA GTX 660. If you want to crank it up to 3840 x 2160 (like the screenshot above), you’re going to require something a little special:"

“To run the game on a 4K display at 30fps,” says Hoare, “you’ll need at minimum an AMD HD 7870 or NVIDIA GTX 760 with 2GB of VRAM.” As for the 4K at 60 frames-per-second, that’ll require a “high-end SLI or Crossfire setup.”

I feel this is on topic, if not my apologies. Point is, they based Recommended on 1080 60 Ultra.

Also, I'm very confused here, 3 people asking for help in the same thread.

IKR! But I think also should be said, and is what my last comment was on, this is not 2009, you don't get a bigger badder card to do all the graphics works and that is it. It goes HAND IN HAND with a equally powerful CPU (i5/FX8/Xeon-i7) to GET those numbers. The problem I am seeing is some people are going to get a HD7870 and slap it on their ancient AMD X4 or Duo Core2 PC and expect THAT performance, when it is impossible. GTA V as BF4 did is prove you need to have a balance of CPU and GPU and sorry all you low end 'I got only $200-400' gamers out there need to just switch to PS4.

PC IS PAY TO PLAY, there is no short cut an all them are trying to find 'some FREEEEEEE software or something' and not spend the proper money to PAY TO PLAY.