GTA V keeps updating and fails

GamesOn

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
http://imgur.com/a/Ouy5L
The rockstar update service is unavailable (code 216), downloads the new 714 mb update but can't install it straight up goes to this screen, have tried several times and few fixes but nothing works, verifying game files right now using that " verify " thing in " Target ", only one time it went past that and showed ' Installing updates ' screen, asked for admin permissions but then said GTA V isn't installed :mad: so I opened gta 5 setup DLed from rockstar web and closed it then, checked regedit and game showed up again in there, but won't update :(

I can access offline mode by disconnecting internet or simply after the update fails I can click on offline mode as you see in the image.

Solution

1. First, go where you have installed GTA.

2. Find "gtavlauncher.exe" and right click it and click "create shortcut."

3. On the shortcut, right click and hit proprieties, now you have to add -verify after your directory. Use the picture below as an example. Make sure you don't delete any quotes. (Note: Blacked out part for privacy reasons.)

EfCACVT.png

4. Click apply, then hit the shortcut...

IAmAZ3R0

Honorable
May 4, 2016
In Steam, right click on GTA, click Properties, then click the "Local Files" tab, next click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache." THIS WILL TAKE SOME TIME! Let it do it's thing. Tell me results when you do this.

GamesOn

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016

I have the non steam version, I have downloaded the game from rockstar web. Can it be added to steam?

IAmAZ3R0

Honorable
May 4, 2016

1. First, go where you have installed GTA.

2. Find "gtavlauncher.exe" and right click it and click "create shortcut."

3. On the shortcut, right click and hit proprieties, now you have to add -verify after your directory. Use the picture below as an example. Make sure you don't delete any quotes. (Note: Blacked out part for privacy reasons.)

EfCACVT.png

4. Click apply, then hit the shortcut and the verify will start!

Solution

GamesOn

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016

Had done that, didn't help, this is what I did to fix it:

E:\Games\Grand Theft Auto V\update\x64\dlcpacks and checked for most recent update by clicking on " Date modified " found two updates, deleted them and it redownloaded those and the latest update, and installed them without a hitch. Seems like those past update files were corrupted and this is what I did to fix it, thank you :)

IAmAZ3R0

Honorable
May 4, 2016

Ok, it's good you found a solution!