GTA V Stuttering/Freezing every few seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guana

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
Haven't played GTA in maybe 1 or 2 months, and wanted to play the game the other day.

I started the game (GTA Online) like normal, and it was some updates.
After the updates the game launched like normal, but when I come to the loading screen, and the ambient background music comes, it just freeze every few seconds for maybe one second. And it just keeps doing it. The game just freeze, the music stop, I can't move my mouse, and after 1 sec it's normal for maybe 2 sec then it freezes again.

I have checked if my CPU is having trouble when launching it, but it looks normal. I also tried shutting down any program using alot of RAM and changing the priority of the RAM usage to GTA and putting the other stuff to low, which did not help either.

Anyone got a fix or something I can do?

(Btw, I do not have the steam version, it's the CD box verions.)

Guana

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014

I did actually do a defrag some weeks back, so I tried to delete the game and download it again. Still the same problem. Can it just be a slow CPU? Or too little RAM? Because GTA usually takes 5-6GB of my 8GB RAM

Guana

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014

Hey I found a fix for the issue, it all had to do with Razer Surround. Even when the program wasn't running, and hasn't been used on my PC for over 1 year, the game worked when I completely uninstalled Razer Surround from my computer.

Guana

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014

Yes but I had the razer surround on my PC 1-2 months ago too, so the new GTA update must be in conflict with it. The program wasn't even running in the background or anything.

Guana

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014

No problem man, I felt the same way when my friend randomly told me to try removing it, and it worked :D

TheChris1122

Reputable
Jan 11, 2016

hey I"m having the same problem but i don't have razer surround please help

DragsZombies

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013

This is it... This was my issue... It took me almost 2 months to solve this issue, with rockstars help even... Thank you so much for your contribution :)

Status
Not open for further replies.