Question GTA V Stuttering...

zepfiz

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
Hello so I had a problem last year, 2 years before that (When I got my PC) and now when I want to play GTA V
So basically what happens is that my GTA V starts stuttering after 1 hour of gameplay. Before that It's solid 60 fps without even 1 frame dropping
But after 1 hour (and I even got stopwatch to confirm) on the dot it starts stuttering while driving. Like it goes from 60 fps to 20-30 for 1-2 seconds and then back up to 60
I don't know what to do, basically followed almost every guide on YouTube on how to fix it.

My specs (basically gonna post everything cause I don't know) :
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: GTX 1050 TI
RAM: 8GB
Storage: TOSHIBA HDWD110

Can someone tell me what should I do? Can I do something or I have to upgrade my pc before I can experience GTA V without stuttering or there is still something that can be done?
Thanks in advance

Lutfij

Titan
Your specs are incomplete. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of your PSU, apart from it's make and model and the wattage. Also include the version for your OS, assuming you're on Windows 10. You can find OS version from Right click Start>Scroll up to System, the version should be listed on the bottom of new window. You can use CPU-Z to show you your specs, from each tab and the PSU's make and model can be found after you open up the side panel of your case>please do so after you've powered down the PC and disconnected from the wall(and monitor), to avoid any mishaps.

zepfiz

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B450M DS3H-CF (AM4)
Ram: 8GB
SSD/HDD: (HDD) TOSHIBA HDWD110
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
PSU: I have no idea what that is, I googled it, it seems that this is my case? If that's the case it's
RAIDMAX NEON LED G21-LWB
Chassis: Have no idea

DomisAcuteperson

Commendable
Oct 22, 2020
I mean the 1050 TI is a bit out dated but i do know about people running it on 750 without much lag so id run something like msi afterburner overlay on another monitor so you can see whats taking up the most see if something is bottle necking also when GTA V is running go to task manager click more details right click GTA V click go to details (If go to details is greyed out click the arrow next to GTA V and click the one using up the most usage) right click GTA V again in the details thing set affantiy and make sure all cores are selected

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
PSU: I have no idea what that is, I googled it, it seems that this is my case? If that's the case it's
RAIDMAX NEON LED G21-LWB
Chassis: Have no idea
PSU is the power supply unit (Aka SMPS). It is located in the bottom of your case. You'll have to remove the right side panel of your case to see the name of it.
You can see some kind of box at the bottom of your case. It's called the PSU shroud. This is where the PSU lives.

And, Chassis is another name of case.

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
I mean the 1050 TI is a bit out dated but i do know about people running it on 750 without much lag so id run something like msi afterburner overlay on another monitor so you can see whats taking up the most see if something is bottle necking also when GTA V is running go to task manager click more details right click GTA V click go to details (If go to details is greyed out click the arrow next to GTA V and click the one using up the most usage) right click GTA V again in the details thing set affantiy and make sure all cores are selected
GTX 1050 TI is outdated but so is GTA V. GTX 1050ti can run GTA V at 4k on medium settings at playable framerates, so I don't think that's the issue.

narkotrafic

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
this is about GTA5's issues. I had even better specs. All games have stable framerate without drops, but not in GTA5. I have low temps, good gpu (using minimal settings ingame). if i turn off vsyns - i have around 200 fps, but it randomly drops to 130-140 than goes back. This game is just not compatible with good hardware. I tried all methods to minimize stutters, but nothing helped me. Only way to compensate this framerate drop is to turn on VSYNC ingame , and maybe in NVIDIA control panel, this is the only way i can recommend you.
Dont mention on comments where people say that your gpu is outdated. All games that i have ever played (cyberpunk, csgo, crysis, farcry, AC odyssey) - all of them had stable fps w/o any drops. GTA5 is just optimized badly.

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
Dont mention on comments where people say that your gpu is outdated. All games that i have ever played (cyberpunk, csgo, crysis, farcry, AC odyssey) - all of them had stable fps w/o any drops. GTA5 is just optimized badly.
GTX 1050Ti is replaced by GTX 1650, which gives more performance and is the same price more or less.