GTA V used to run great, at 1080p medium-high settings at 40-50 fps now its terrible

dylangiantsfan

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
When I played GTA V on my pc, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/f2nBsY I would average 35-50 fps and it was running fine on all high settings, (except texture detail was on normal) 1080p. I then installed another game (rocket league) and now its running terrible on certain parts of the map getting as low as 10 fps, can anyone explain why this is happening or how can I fix this, I have never had this happen before, and I am wondering if I should get a new hard drive because maybe this one is getting to full.

Solution
nah your not so full on either ssd or hdd to cause performance loss, ssd's recommend 10 percent free space maintained to sustain performance, probably system memory running low in game check ram while playing

Toothless010

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2015
I think you told us the issue. "I then installed another game".

To see if the install of your other game is at fault, uninstall, delete left over files and folders, reboot.

Run gta iv

"maybe this one is getting to full"

What does FULL mean?

saratj1

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
nah your not so full on either ssd or hdd to cause performance loss, ssd's recommend 10 percent free space maintained to sustain performance, probably system memory running low in game check ram while playing

Solution