Question GTX 1050 ti VS GTX 1660

greenlight2050

Prominent
Mar 7, 2018
Hello..............................

I have 2 graphics cards : (GTX 1050 ti & GTX 1660) & my power supply unit is supposed to supply 600 watt for my pc but this power supply unit is 3 years old and it's not a well-known brand (note : my pc has one pci-e X16 slot)......................................................when i use GTX 1050 ti under heavy load my pc is running fine whereas when i use GTX 1660 under heavy load my pc makes noise and restarts immediately, do you think this power supply unit is not enough for GTX 1660 ?, what is the reason for the immediate restart when using GTX 1660 under heavy load ?, thanks.

greenlight2050

Prominent
Mar 7, 2018
NO WAY!

I meant the make and model.

"600W" doesn't mean anything. Is that 600W on the +12V with DC to DC for the +3.3V and +5V or is it an older topology with most of the power on the +3.3V and +5V that will cross load easily if given too much load on the +12V. Etc.

I'm just asking WHAT IS THE BRAND AND MODEL OF THE PSU?

My PSU brand is : HQ Trust & The model : ATX-600W.

LOL! Well.. you got me there.

I'd hate to assume it's a poor quality PSU just based on the fact that I've never heard of the brand. I guess a picture of the label would solve a lot of the mystery.

But I will say that a GRX 1050 Ti is a very "light duty" card that doesn't need a lot of power. The GTX 1660 needs about twice as much power. So it is very, very, very likely that your PSU just isn't up to the job and that's why the PC is rebooting.

greenlight2050

Prominent
Mar 7, 2018
LOL! Well.. you got me there.

I'd hate to assume it's a poor quality PSU just based on the fact that I've never heard of the brand. I guess a picture of the label would solve a lot of the mystery.

But I will say that a GRX 1050 Ti is a very "light duty" card that doesn't need a lot of power. The GTX 1660 needs about twice as much power. So it is very, very, very likely that your PSU just isn't up to the job and that's why the PC is rebooting.

thanks for the reply.