Gtx 1050 ti

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

holljony87

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017
So, I am building my first PC
I did put my graphics card it, plugged in the PCI cable and when I start the PC, the fans spin for like a second or so and then stop. I tried getting the graphics card out and put it back in, but it does the same. Could there be something I did wrong?

Solution
Hey,
Pretty sure it is the GRAPHICS CARD.

That explains the video, and the audio could be explained by it simply making your system UNSTABLE thus the audio data is not sent fast enough to the audio processor thus it gets corrupted.

It definitely sounds like an RMA, but to CONFIRM that (or try at least) you can:

*Get a program for the card like MSI AFTERBURNER (not sure what Galax has) and downclock both the GPU and the VRAM (video memory). Go to 90%, or a few hundred MHz lower depending on what options the software has.

If the system becomes stable now then it proves the card can't handle its current clock. (if it still fails it's probably the graphics card but we didn't prove it. if it does NOT fail then it's proof.)
Hey,
Pretty sure it is the GRAPHICS CARD.

That explains the video, and the audio could be explained by it simply making your system UNSTABLE thus the audio data is not sent fast enough to the audio processor thus it gets corrupted.

It definitely sounds like an RMA, but to CONFIRM that (or try at least) you can:

*Get a program for the card like MSI AFTERBURNER (not sure what Galax has) and downclock both the GPU and the VRAM (video memory). Go to 90%, or a few hundred MHz lower depending on what options the software has.

If the system becomes stable now then it proves the card can't handle its current clock. (if it still fails it's probably the graphics card but we didn't prove it. if it does NOT fail then it's proof.)

Solution