[SOLVED] GTX 1050 underperforming multiple solutions attempted, Please help.

Dec 10, 2020
Hi all,

Recently my Nvidia gtx 1050 has been underperforming a lot. The GPU load caps out at 25% ( measured with GPU-Z). I have tried using throttlestop because I thought My laptop was throttling the CPU due to termperature, but that didn't help either. My CPU is an i7-7700HQ , and I've tried multiple games on both 2.8Mhz and 3.2Mhz(overclock). Games that used to run at 100+ FPS before now struggle to reach 40 FPS. I have also tried installing older driver versions, which did not help either.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to the forum and to computers in general, so please bear with my inadequacy.

Thank you.

Solution
change thermal paste on your laptop, arctic mx4 is recommended i a budget, or Thermal Grizzly kryonaut and kingpin kpx if you want spend a little bit, disable spectre and meltdown update (not reccomended but i did that and pretty much safe rn), clean the dusts off the heatpipe exit, clean install driver (uninstall it using ddu, install a new one).
change thermal paste on your laptop, arctic mx4 is recommended i a budget, or Thermal Grizzly kryonaut and kingpin kpx if you want spend a little bit, disable spectre and meltdown update (not reccomended but i did that and pretty much safe rn), clean the dusts off the heatpipe exit, clean install driver (uninstall it using ddu, install a new one).

Solution