Question Gtx 1050i - Windows has stopped this device (Code 43)

mainard_d

Commendable
Aug 13, 2017
Hi,
Have a Dell G5-5587 with a Nvidia GTX 1050i.

A few days ago I noticed my HDMI out wasn't working because the second display wasn't being detected. Investigated a little bit and found that Device Manager shows the exclamation mark next to the Nvidia driver and the message that Windows has stopped this device because it is not working properly. My system specs are here: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/jKFcjFFW3Bz0z6r7vjm7WUA

I've seen a couple of similar issues on the forum and tried out what was suggested, but no luck.

This is what I tried so far: Download Intel DELL latest version (all drivers were for my particular laptop model)
Download NVIDIA DELL latest version
Download DDU Disconnect from the Wifi
SAFE BOOT
Run DDU Select: NVIDIA Software and drivers Select: Clean, do not restart
Select: Intel Software and drivers Select: Clean, do not restart
Reboot. Back in normal Windows
Install the Intel VGA Reboot
Install the NVIDIA VGA Reboot

Intel Drivers installed fine.

Even Nvidia reports that it installed fine, but I'm still stuck with the Code 43 when I check. Any ideas what else i can try. Will a factory reset or clean windows install do the trick?

mainard_d

Commendable
Aug 13, 2017
You're currently on BIOS version 1.9.0. I looked up your laptop's SKU, here, and you have BIOS versions 1.10.0 and 1.11.1 as BIOS updates.

Are you working with Windows 10 version 1809?
Yes 1809 Windows Home. It was working fine for a while on 1.9.0. Not sure why the graphics card should suddenly stop working though, and require me to update the BIOS.