Gtx 1050ti 100% usage but low fps in Rocket League!!

MoAz__

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
i just bought RL today and started to play but my fps was really really bad ,i get like 50 to 20 fps while 2 v 2 and my gpu usage was always at 99 % , my cpu at 55% this never happen to me ..i play fortnite at 60 to 70 fps epic setting and bf 1 from 60-55 fps even GTA 5 i wish anyone have a solution. here is a pic: https://imgur.com/a/hJ8fp7K

Solution
You know, I'm going to make a recommendation I rarely give. And that's to backup your personal data (also make a full system image backup with Windows Backup or Veeam Agent for Windows Free) and perform a clean reinstall of Windows 10 (build 1803). Download and apply any remaining security updates along with device drivers, games, and your personal data.

I'm suggesting that because there appears to be an awful amount of wonky settings and potentially vestiges of settings left behind from prior upgrades and updates.

R0GG

Distinguished
- Try checking Nvidia control panel RL gaming profile and insure you have same settings as other games with card performance set to high performance or adaptive mode
- Also monitor with Hwmonitor and / or GPUz your GPU clocks, usage, temp and fan speed in idle and under load looking for thermo throttling of GPU and increase GPU fan speed adjusting GPU fan curve to a more abrupt one for better GPU cooling.
- Disable Nvidia Experience panel in game recording/streaming and overlay might help,
- Verify that windows 10 DVR and X-box app DVR recording options.
- If everything is sound you might consider a quick Nvidia drivers re-installation of the latest version as they might had been messed up by a recent windows 10 update.
- Check for any background process loading with the game (like an updater that you could disable)
- Verity that you're not running a game recording or streaming through steam interface (steam control panel)

MoAz__

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

i just used ddu unistaller to remove the last driver update and try older one. but no diffrent i will back it soon anyway.

MoAz__

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

i did most of what u said before except nvidia control panel i tried it but still nothing :(

MoAz__

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

i make it to default nothing happen. i dont know what is the problem. gpu at 100 .cpu running well, then what? .and how gpu at 100% and i get low fps! :(...i remember at the first hours when i put it at (boardless) i got the fps increased to 90 i closed and then back again it returned to low fps.

R0GG

Distinguished
If you experience low FPS while in full screen mode it could be a higher settings of anti-aliasing kicking in, check anti-aliasing Nvidia panel and game itself graphic preferences and compare to windowed mode (by the way check game graphic preferences in game control panel whether it still runs on your monitor default or usual resolution)

stdragon

Admirable
What version of Windows are you running? You can type WINVER in the search area. It's currently Version 1803. So if you're not at that, perhaps updating Windows 10 might help.

Also turn off the Game Bar.

Setting --> Gaming --> Record game clips, screenshots.... --> switch to OFF.

MoAz__

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
I have the latest version of windows. I paused the updates from some days. I see gameplay of my card they r running at 105 fps at 4vs4.....I want to enjoy the game@@

MoAz__

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

Is it OK that just 3D at 100% and all the others at% 0 to% 5 like copy,video encode ,video decode,dedicated GPU memory usage ,and shared GPU memory usage.

stdragon

Admirable
You know, I'm going to make a recommendation I rarely give. And that's to backup your personal data (also make a full system image backup with Windows Backup or Veeam Agent for Windows Free) and perform a clean reinstall of Windows 10 (build 1803). Download and apply any remaining security updates along with device drivers, games, and your personal data.

I'm suggesting that because there appears to be an awful amount of wonky settings and potentially vestiges of settings left behind from prior upgrades and updates.

Solution

MoAz__

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

i think this will work ... but should i delete everything in alll partions?also my hard disk i bought really cheap and from my old pc 320GB ONLY!! (OMG @@ ) maybe this is the problem? should i get another one?

stdragon

Admirable
You mean all Windows and Windows system partitions that the OS itself created? Sure.

However, if there's a partition that you yourself created to hold nothing but personal files, no, you can leave that one alone.

MoAz__

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

i wish i can fix the problem without doin that ... you can use program like anydesk to control and find if there is any problem in my pc .

stdragon

Admirable

I appreciate the offer and level of trust, but it's for the best I pass on the offer.

That said however, you have two paths.

Attempt the deep quest to dive and gut the drivers, config, and games. Or, take the easy path and nuke-n-pave the drive, along with whatever problem was on it.

I'd say attempt to fix it, and if you mess it up too bad, well, you can always proceed with the reloading Windows :)

BTW, being serious about backing up your data. Once you format that drive, it's a one-way trip if you don't have a backup in case you're missing something later. Entirely up to you however.

MoAz__

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

i just dont need to format my pc for a game and maybe it will not work after i do that ....but anyway thank you so much if you find any solution please tell me.:) i loved the game :(

MoAz__

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

after windows reset the problem is still there not a single frame increased...

stdragon

Admirable
Yeah, that's just mind-blowing! That game isn't that resource intensive.

Next time you run that game, do check your GPU temperature with GPU-Z. Link below. Perhaps it's overheating and throttling the card back.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/