[SOLVED] GTX 1050ti HDMI to TV-HDMI awful quality/pixelated

Dec 12, 2019
Hello. Newcomer here with a first question.
Been struggling for a while after getting a GTX 1050TI. Dvi-vga adapters in my area are over 100$ so I had to go with the hdmi-hdmi cable.
Long story short the performance is awful and now some words are unclear/fuzzy/blurry and hard to read. Some videos also come out super dark where people have almost caramelized/mannequin-like colored faces. Trying my best to describe it here lol, but yeah thumbnails of videos and desktop icons are just pixelated and any in-game text is hard to read without squinting.
Using an old 32' inch AIM ALCD32SN TV for a monitor. Have tried 1360x768(the recommended) resolutions and anything lower but truly doesn't make much of a difference.
The view was perfect with my old GTX 750TI so I am confounded.

Could anyone please help me improve the quality or tell me why HDMI is so much worse?
Solutions I've tried before coming here:
  • "Remove the over/underscan on your monitor" = Yeah my monitor doesn't have that option
  • "Reset your monitor's factory settings" = No difference.
  • "Create a new resolution with lower refresh rates" = No difference
  • "Rename your HDMI channel to PC" = Can't do that either.
  • "Reinstall/reroll drivers" = No difference
  • "Set Sharpness to 0-100" = Fixes the color a teeny bit but still blurry.
  • "Try a different HDMI port" = No difference.
  • "Set RGB dynamic output to full" = It's already on Full.

So is my only choice to get the adapter or a new tv? Any advice is appreciated.

Dec 12, 2019
@kerberos_20 Thanks for the reply. You are a genius. Works a little better now. At least the colors in the movies look amazing now but icons are still a little pixelated. Even the Nvidia control panel didnt help as much. Gonna chalk that down to old tv issues. Thanks again.

Dec 12, 2019
Yeah higher resolutions help a ton with the quality thanks. My screen doesn't support super large resolutions and DSR puts it at 2550x1440 as a minimum which just makes it say "No signal". Can go up to 1600x900 at most, but that's all I need. Now I just need to figure out the "Some videos also come out super dark where people have almost caramelized/mannequin-like colored faces." part as messing with the resolutions seemed to reset it back to a shoddy state.