[SOLVED] GTX 1060 3GB, 0% utilisation in VT2

TwinTailsPrime

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 30, 2016
when running vermintide 2 I noticed that my gpu shows up as 0% utilisation, My display is connected to the GPU and I don't have this problem in other games, game such as R6S have the gpu running at 34%~ at the main menu alone leading to great performance. I know vermintide 2 is very cpu demanding as such I tested it with a combination of all cpu reliant settings being off/low and vice versa with the GPU still yielding 0% GPU usage.

Specifications:
CPU: I3-6100 @3.70GHZ
GPU: GTX1060 3gb
Mobo: h170 Pro
Ram: generic 2x8GB DDR4 2133 MHz
HDD : some random one torn from my old laptop + another one from a cheap tower
PSU: (don't know currently but will get it up if needed)

Solution
IMO, I still think your current CPU might be holding back the GTX 1060, at least in VT2.

VT2 is mostly a CPU-bound game, and the way the game's Engine is coded, and how the AI behaves, it taxes even the high-end CPUs.

TwinTailsPrime

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 30, 2016
IMO, I still think your current CPU might be holding back the GTX 1060, at least in VT2.

VT2 is mostly a CPU-bound game, and the way the Engine is coded, and how the AI behaves, it taxes even the high-end CPUs.
I agree but I'm gonna bring up a bit sin of gaming: comparison, I know there's more factors going into a pc's performance than just the gpu and cpu, but when compared to videos of the "same" build the performance of my system is simply dismal (A difference of 15-30fps in vermintide2), I'm going with your idea though since I expected as much and will be testing using a better cpu. thanks mate