Question GTX 1060 3GB Fan GPU Not spinning

Mar 9, 2023
GTX 1060 3GB Fan GPU Not spinning
I cleaned last days my PC of dust, also replaced the thermal paste, i reinstalled windows, i tried some programs like MSI Afterburner, some tools to nvidia, OpenHardwareMonitor and more.
But the fan its still not spinning. ( it seems like as if trying to spin 1 second, but after it stops.
Can someone help me, please?

Mar 9, 2023
No, was the same problem.
BTW, i didnt open the Pc like 1-2 months, and last days when i was looking in some folders, i noticed that the GPU had 75 degrees, only in desktop
Now, after i reinstalled the windows, i have 35-40 degrees, the fan seems dead af

Last edited:
if someone had same problem before.. please.. help me, i really dont know what to do
Some graphics card models have silent mode. Fan starts spinning only after certain temperature has been reached.
What is specific manufacturer/model name of your GTX 1060 ? Check specs, if it has silent mode.

If it doesn't support silent mode, then it's possible gpu fan has died and needs to be replaced.

Mar 9, 2023
Some graphics card models have silent mode. Fan starts spinning only after certain temperature has been reached.
What is specific manufacturer/model name of your GTX 1060 ? Check specs, if it has silent mode.

If it doesn't support silent mode, then it's possible gpu fan has died and needs to be replaced.
Im not sure if its died, last days it was spinning for a little bit . How can i check if its in silent mode? I have this Pc from 3-4 years and i never had this problem. Also, I tried a benchmark, the temperature reached 80 degrees but fan its still not spinning..

How can i check if its in silent mode?
You check manufacturer provided specification (on manufacturer support web site).
That's why I asked for information on manufacturer/model name of the card.

You can find model name with GPU-Z
(advanced section/NVIDIA BIOS/message).
I tried a benchmark, the temperature reached 80 degrees but fan its still not spinning..
Then probably fan is dead. Replace the fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tac 25
Mar 9, 2023
You check manufacturer provided specification (on manufacturer support web site).
That's why I asked for information on manufacturer/model name of the card.

You can find model name with GPU-Z
(advanced section/NVIDIA BIOS/message).

Then probably fan is dead. Replace the fan.
Okay, so i made a video. There you can see better if i should to replace the fan or not
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbzp_o4hMwg

Try this ... i have a gtx 1080 and i recently noticed that 1 of the 2 fans were not spinning at boot up for a fww seconds or when the temp went above 70 , i think the card may some how have moved because all i did was very carefully press the side of the card towards the mobo and the fan started working.

The same thig happened to the side fan on my pc , over a long period of time the warm air had slightly moved the wire and connector to the mobo just enough to stop it working.