GTX 1060 and i5 4440 wanting to upgrade to a i7 4790k worried about bottlenecking.

Cheat_

Reputable
Jan 15, 2017
I'm looking to upgrade from an i5 4440 to an i7 4790k this Christmas and I am not very sure about this, like should i get a better cooler, would the cooler fit in my system, I'm looking to stream csgo and I'm not sure what I should do.

I have these things, I upgraded it too.

https://www.cnet.com/products/dell-inspiron-3847-mt-core-i5-4440-3-1-ghz-8-gb-1-tb-i38474566bk/specs/

Right now I have:
GTX 1060 6GB
2x8gb ddr3 1600mhz
1tb hard drive
500 watt power supply
i5 4440
stock intel cooler

I hope you guys answer me and thank you for reading!

Solution
Why not just stream on your GPU? It eats up a lot less CPU and it sure beats having to upgrade. Yes it will look better on the CPU but it's not so much worse on the GPU that it would make me go out and buy a CPU just for that.
If you get a K chip you'll need a better cooler then the Intel stock one. Something cheap like the Cooler-master 212 or Cryroig H7 would be fine. You wont bottleneck with your CPU, but if you want to stream then you may have to stream in a lower resolution like 720P with an older chip like that.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Cs:go is a low thread game, child's play for any i7 to handle streaming, even 1080p.

Moving from i5 with stock cooler to i7 means double the threads at higher GHz. That's a serious amount of additional workload, and with streaming pushing high cpu usage, you don't want to skimp with a budget cooler. The hyper212 will be fine for just gaming, doubt you have a Z mobo with that pentium cpu, so OC is probably off the table, but heavy workloads get hot, you'd be better off with a more midrange cooler like cryorig H5, scythe Mugen5 Rev.B, scythe ninja5 Noctua NH-u12/14s etc. Last thing you'll want is an hour of listening to that hyper212 scream in your ear.