GTX 1060 'no signal', but works on other pc

zaee

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
Okay firstly, my gpu was working flawlessly until one day I accidentally turned off the power. From then onwards, no signal error is what I get on my monitor. And it is pretty weird. My specs are:
GTX 1060 6gb
8GB Kingston DDR3 RAM
ASUS H85m-g
Thermaltake Smart SE 550w

And here comes the things Ive done so far:
0. Used my old GTX 750 to check if the motherboard is fried, it isn't. The 750 works without any hassle.
1. Checked my RAM sticks by removing them and checking them one by one.
2. Changed my PSU
3. Used DDU to uninstall everything and reinstall the drivers.
4. In BIOS, changed priority to the external GPU
5. Used a friends H110 motherboard based PC, didnt work.
6. Used a friends ASUS p6T motherboard, AND IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM. Played Assassins Creed Origins for half an hour to check it thoroughly, worked like a charm.
7. Used the onboard graphics to do a multi-display kind of thing, the windows recognizes the other monitor, but still no signal, as its all black.

And thats about it for what I've done. Im sure my GPU isnt fried, and so isnt my motherboard. Any help would be tremendously appreciated as I have no idea what to do next. Thanks in advance!

Ramlethal

Estimable
So... did you tried the GTX 1060 on another PC and works fine?
Were you pluggin the GTX 750 in the same PCI-E slot that you had the 1060 plugged in? Maybe its just the PCI-E socket or GPU connector whats causing the issue...

zaee

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
Yes, I tried the 1060 on another PC, with an asus p6T motherboard and it did work. I tested it on another H110 based PC, and it didn't work, same no signal issue. As for the 750 and that PCI-E slot, yes its the same slot and the 750 works perfectly.
I have changed my PSU numerous times by borrowing them from friends, still the same thing.

zaee

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
I've also reset the CMOS battery-BIOS thing and it didnt work either. One thing I've noticed is that the p6T doesnt have onboard graphics, while mine and my friends H110 do. Maybe that's somehow the issue?