Gtx 1060 PSU

Dzekis

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
hello guys, i have a question. So im upgrading my pc, right now i have i3 4150, 8gigs of ram, no cooling fans or other extra things, and i have a pretty good 350w psu, my question is - will it be enough for my pc + gtx 1060 6gb? Thanks

Solution
I suppose it would work, but I highly encourage you to get a better Power Supply. The recommended Power supply for a GTX 1060 is 400w. Your 350w might work, but it is very risky, and I think the last thing you want is for it to die and possibly take everything else out with it. Personally I recommend a 500w+ PSU.

With that said, the i3 doesnt consume too much power so I think it will be fine for VERY light gaming. I dont think it is a good idea, but if you want to take the risk i suppose it would work. But be cautious!

Dethan1999

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015
I suppose it would work, but I highly encourage you to get a better Power Supply. The recommended Power supply for a GTX 1060 is 400w. Your 350w might work, but it is very risky, and I think the last thing you want is for it to die and possibly take everything else out with it. Personally I recommend a 500w+ PSU.

With that said, the i3 doesnt consume too much power so I think it will be fine for VERY light gaming. I dont think it is a good idea, but if you want to take the risk i suppose it would work. But be cautious!

Solution