GTX 1060 suddenly stopped working

Feb 3, 2019
Hey Guys,

I have this pre-built system that I added a GTX 1060 to it and it was working fine for about 20 days. Yesterday when i turned on the PC it did not display anything though the fans on GPU are spinning. I removed the gpu and put it back, made sure it is connected and mounted appropriately, checked other things and noticed none works. Then i plugged the monitor using VGA port from the motherboard and noticed the display is shown. Apparently the system does not recognize the GPU anymore.I also checked device manager and noticed there is only Intel HD graphics. Also under system devices in device manager there is no PCI bus at all. So I can assume three scenarios:
1- GPU is dead
2-PCI slot is dead
3- there is a missing driver that I have no idea about

Any help would be appreciated. What do you think guys?

I should mention that the system was working perfectly two days ago with the same specs. So I am 100% sure it is not related to the PSU, CPU, or something like that.

Also I don't have neither another GPU nor another PC to test the slot and my GPU.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

And remember that even if the system was working perfectly two days ago there is nothing that would prevent some failure in the meantime.

Verify that the GPU is fully and firmly seated into place and that any connecting cables are likewise in place.

Next steps are to download, reinstall, and reconfigure the GTX 1060 drivers via the manufacturer's website.

Feb 3, 2019
Did all the verifications still not working. Cannot install the driver as my pc cannot recognize gtx 1060 and installation software shows an error of could not find compatible Geforce device.

Ralston18

Titan
Set up the monitor via VGA connection.

Boot into Windows as usual.

Look in Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer for video/GPU related error codes, warnings, or even informational events.

Focus on things that happened just before the problem started and any events since.

Feb 3, 2019
Thanks for the help. Checked the reliability, but it showed nothing. I noticed the gpu makes a weird sound that it was not making before. So most probably the GPU is dead. I ordered a GTX 1050 and will check the system with it when I receive it. I will post the results here.

Feb 3, 2019
As I guessed, it was the GPU. Now my PC works with a GTX 1050. For anyone who reads this post in future. Please don't make my mistake buying a used GPU from Ebay. just buy a new one and don't get into any trouble.