[SOLVED] GTX 1060 w/ Intel CPU

afnanariff2

Prominent
Feb 3, 2019
Approximate Purchase Date: January 2019

Budget Range: 200-250$

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Surfing the internet, editing documents

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: Everything; reusing gpu gigabyte gtx 1060 6gb and psu
EVGA - 80 PLUS 600W ATX 12V/EPS 12V Power Supply - Black

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: any

Parts Preferences: I would like to upgrade to an Intel cpu.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1440x900,

Additional Comments: Doesn't have to be for high-end gaming, just the least powerful or mid-range Intel system setup to go with the gpu.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: For my family to use.

Solution
$200 for everything else might be a tad optimistic with CPU, MB, and RAM prices...not to mention a case, HDD, and, an operating system.

Given your inclusion of the GTX1060, is this computer going to be tasked with any 3D gaming? RIght now, most of the 'starter' gaming rigs start at the i5-9600K, currently retailing for more than your entire budget at $270 on Newegg, and, add another $130 for 16 GB of DDR4 RAM, and $75 for basic mainboard...

If light gaming at 720P is sufficient, an AMD B450 and R5-2400G might be more realistic, budget-wise...
$200 for everything else might be a tad optimistic with CPU, MB, and RAM prices...not to mention a case, HDD, and, an operating system.

Given your inclusion of the GTX1060, is this computer going to be tasked with any 3D gaming? RIght now, most of the 'starter' gaming rigs start at the i5-9600K, currently retailing for more than your entire budget at $270 on Newegg, and, add another $130 for 16 GB of DDR4 RAM, and $75 for basic mainboard...

If light gaming at 720P is sufficient, an AMD B450 and R5-2400G might be more realistic, budget-wise...

Solution