GTX 1070 Founders Edition: Do they thermal throttle?

I'm aware that the 1080 Ti Founders Edition GPUs thermal throttle, but do the 1070 variants? I'm asking because I'm planning on upgrading two computers to the 1170 variant when it releases. I'm considering buying Founders cards, so that I can purchase the moment that they release, instead of waiting for AIB partners to release their GPUs with after-market coolers.

Any other input is appreciated.

Solution
Technically speaking, neither the 1080 ti or 1070 throttle. If you ever read the specs on these cards, they are always clocked higher than the listed default and boost clock rates. These cards have Boost technology which allowed them to automatically OC and how high they OC varies based on power draw, temperatures and usage. Because temperatures, power draw and usage vary from moment to moment, they will not stay at a fix clock rate, even when they are water cooled. The GTX 1070 is no different than the GTX 1080Ti. However, these blower style cards do get hotter than the aftermarket HSF's, and may not boost as high as a result.

They pretty much never throttle, because for that to happen, it has to reach clocks below the listed...
Technically speaking, neither the 1080 ti or 1070 throttle. If you ever read the specs on these cards, they are always clocked higher than the listed default and boost clock rates. These cards have Boost technology which allowed them to automatically OC and how high they OC varies based on power draw, temperatures and usage. Because temperatures, power draw and usage vary from moment to moment, they will not stay at a fix clock rate, even when they are water cooled. The GTX 1070 is no different than the GTX 1080Ti. However, these blower style cards do get hotter than the aftermarket HSF's, and may not boost as high as a result.

They pretty much never throttle, because for that to happen, it has to reach clocks below the listed boost and default clocks. My GTX 1070 is pretty much always 300mhz higher than the listed boost frequency.

Solution