[SOLVED] GTX 1070 Good Enough?

jimlau

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Can anyone say what can't be done with the 1070? Games, apps, renderings, etc. Wondering if I will ever need to replace it.
Thanks.

CPU - i7 11700k
MOBO - z590 Pro Wifi
32GB 3200 RAM

Solution
Good enough for what exactly?, we have no clue what kind of games you wana play, what type of rendering work, nor what resolution and refresh rate your monitor is.

I will give you an answer anyways, in my humble opinion the GTX 1070 is a very good 1080p gaming card. And can be a decent 1440p (as long as you lower some graphic settings).

Keep in mind that some games wiill require more GPU power than others, so my answer is a sort of a global idea of performance. Some games will run better than others.

And you need a decent PSU.
Good enough for what exactly?, we have no clue what kind of games you wana play, what type of rendering work, nor what resolution and refresh rate your monitor is.

I will give you an answer anyways, in my humble opinion the GTX 1070 is a very good 1080p gaming card. And can be a decent 1440p (as long as you lower some graphic settings).

Keep in mind that some games wiill require more GPU power than others, so my answer is a sort of a global idea of performance. Some games will run better than others.

And you need a decent PSU.

Solution
It is a capable GPU, particularly for 1080p gaming. Gaming at higher resolutions will limit your framerate, how much depends on the game. Apps, rendering, etc. all depends on what exactly you want to do. I'm sure it is capable of most things such as video/photo editing and content creation.

jimlau

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
I don't know what games and apps yet. ;) New to the scene. Just trying to get a feel if there many things this card cannot handle. I do have a new 4K monitor as well. And an EVGA 700W PSU.

I don't know what games and apps yet. ;) New to the scene. Just trying to get a feel if there many things this card cannot handle. I do have a new 4K monitor as well. And an EVGA 700W PSU.

At 4k that card won't run many games well. If you will "ever need to replace it", that depends on what you play, and at what settings. It's like asking if a gallon of milk is OK for the week without any other info like for how many people, how much milk they like to use, etc... Maybe you live with 8 people that eat cereal 3 times a day, without info it's impossible to say.

It's a good mid range card compared to the modern card speeds, it's more than good enough for any game, at 1080 or 1440 and some games at 4k at maybe lower settings. For an actual answer to your question you first need to set what exactly it will be used for, then look up those games and see how that card runs them in testing.