Gtx 1070 only getting like 60 fps or lower in games

G

So I have a gtx 1070 with i7 6700 and i have had this rig since christmas and I have played games at consistent 60 fps at 1080p but now for some reason witcher 3 is stuttering when i am going fast on my horse sometimes dips into like 50 fps or 49ish when before it would stay at 60 fps and never drop played crysis 3 practically no drops in framerate but at conisitent 60 fps have a 60 hz monitor so gong over 60 is not really an issue to me even though I have heard of 1070 getting to like 80 fps in witcher and yes unlimeted fps has been turned on and off so it wasnt capped my firestrike score is18212 grahpically and physics score is11547 time spy is 5917 graphically and cpu is 4574 and no I do not want to oc

Solution
G
ok I think I figured it out so apparently witcher 3 runs better on windows borderless and with vsync off along with hairworks off after I turned these off it was crazy on main menu screen I had like 3000 fps and ran around 70 fps unfortunatley with vsync off the game was stuttery but the fps was good howver given I have a 1080p monitor only 60 hrz it is impossible to see more then 60 besides the number on the fps counter and was super stuttery so I just reoptimized it on geoforce and will just play it at 60 fps full screen everything vsync on and if it occasionally dips into 50s and 40s no big thanks for helping me though :0

Deniedstingray

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
I know this doesn't help you, but im dropping a comment because im having similar issues and im curious what we will find here.

Rwanda rousey

Commendable
Feb 14, 2017
did you plug the power cable in the gpu securely, i had a problem like this before but realised that the pcie power connector was getting loose and was affecting the gpu performance. Maybe you might want to check if there are any loose connections on the power connector. either that or there's probably a nvidia driver update which you should install to get the latest version

G

Unplugged pcie then reapplied no different in performance and u even re-download the latest Nvidia update still no different in performance

Rwanda rousey

Commendable
Feb 14, 2017

could it be a heating problem? maybe you can open up your case and run games to see if airflow or dust may be affecting temperatures which in turn decrease performance

G

ok I think I figured it out so apparently witcher 3 runs better on windows borderless and with vsync off along with hairworks off after I turned these off it was crazy on main menu screen I had like 3000 fps and ran around 70 fps unfortunatley with vsync off the game was stuttery but the fps was good howver given I have a 1080p monitor only 60 hrz it is impossible to see more then 60 besides the number on the fps counter and was super stuttery so I just reoptimized it on geoforce and will just play it at 60 fps full screen everything vsync on and if it occasionally dips into 50s and 40s no big thanks for helping me though :0

Solution