GTX 1070 Screen Tearing and Stuttering

noswad22

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018
So I recently bought a 1070 on ebay and its been performing very weird. I get really bad frame drops in most games. Its will run fine for ~15 seconds then for ~1 second it will freeze. Which makes the game unplayable to me. And on top of that there is screen tearing which makes it worse. If I turn on v sync in the Nvidia Control Panel it mostly fixes the screen tearing but make the freezing longer and frequent. I've tried multiple things. I've reinstalled windows and bought an SSD. And installed the newest drivers. Also, because I know somebody will ask temps are not an issue. The CPU is always under 80(which I know is hot but is still stable) and GPU is under 80 as well. I've also tried multiple display cords. There are few games that run completely fine like CS:GO, but something like Minecraft runs fine until I turn v sync on which makes it super choppy all the time even though they says its always 60 with no drops. I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks

SPECS: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/H_DAW/saved/KqrtJx

Sep 5, 2018
are there any other outputs on the GPU? the output could be dead. the monitor could also be a problem doubt this is the problem. tbh I just think u got unlucky NEVER buy used high-end GPUs on eBay. especially rn when everyone is getting rid of their mining rigs. try underclocking with MSI afterburner max out fans. my guess is the poor thing was just abused. is the GPU running at 99/100% usage?

TRENDING THREADS