[SOLVED] GTX 1070 Ti is out performing my RTX 3080, need HELP!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PaPies

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
AS stated on the Title, I do not know what's going on with my computer, underperforms like HELL!

I don't need comments about bottlenecking, I've already ordered new parts to replace them all and fit with my new RTX 3080.

What I need help with is in Dota 2, I get around 100 fps, while people with 1080, 2080 get waaay more FPS than I do with the same CPU.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nGjXMjgj1c
<----- that's one of many videos, 1070 Ti.
I need to understand what's going on? The temps are fine on CPU and GPU nothing wrong there, dual ram and everything.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37154504

I feel like I'll upgrade everything CPU, Ram, cooler, motherboard and still not get the performance I should.

Solution
Somewhat of a catty response and I personally wouldn't find amusement in other people's frustration.
Yeah, well... I suppose it is.
People blew up on AMD over bad Navi drivers and now that Nvidia appears to be having similar issues with theirs... it seems suppressed in comparison, considering they're the larger company and sell a larger volume of cards.
It was slow going, but AMD mended them. On Nvidia's end, there doesn't appear to be any feedback from them at all on what they're doing to rectify the problem.

If you spend 5 mins just scrolling through the library of pages on the NVIDIA support forums, there's countless threads, multiply them by the responses within said threads. I wouldn't say this is under the radar by...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Somewhat of a catty response and I personally wouldn't find amusement in other people's frustration.
Yeah, well... I suppose it is.
People blew up on AMD over bad Navi drivers and now that Nvidia appears to be having similar issues with theirs... it seems suppressed in comparison, considering they're the larger company and sell a larger volume of cards.
It was slow going, but AMD mended them. On Nvidia's end, there doesn't appear to be any feedback from them at all on what they're doing to rectify the problem.

If you spend 5 mins just scrolling through the library of pages on the NVIDIA support forums, there's countless threads, multiply them by the responses within said threads. I wouldn't say this is under the radar by any stretch, just not for those that apparently have no issues with the cards and by looks of it, they're the minority lucky ones who have no need to acknowledge there's an issue. Why would you/they.

I mean, just look on these forums and LTT.
I did/am. While it isn't good, it's not any worse than what happened with the RX 5000 launch.
It's been typical of a new product launch for several years now - it was bound to happen... what are the masses expecting?
Sure, it'll get fixed in time, but if people didn't preorder or buy within the first few months, they wouldn't be signing themselves up to be beta testers - it doesn't happen to everyone, the odds are just higher.
I learned my lesson with that from buying into X299 at launch.

Ah well, nothing else to do but wait and see what happens with all this. ¯\(ツ)

Last edited:
Solution