GTX 1070 & Windows 10 Error Code 43

OniOceans

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
Hello,

I am having issues with my GTX 1070 graphics card. Windows 10 is giving it error code 43 for some unknown reason.

Things I've tried:

Updating Drivers
Updating WIndows 10 to latest version
Updating BIOS to latest version
Uninstalling and reinstalling the GPU

And possibly other suggestions I've found in threads and forums on google. I have no idea what is causing this. Any help would be appreciated.

GPU: GTX 1070
Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-UD3

Please ask if you need more information to troubleshoot this. I will provide any details you may need.

Thanks!

can you get into Safe Mode?

If so, from the Device Manager, find the card and uninstall the card, do not yet delete the drivers. Open msconfig and set it to safe boot from the boot tab and restart.

Now uninstall everything related to the 1070... pull up msconfig and set it to normal startup and reboot. The graphics should be wierd... now goto nvidia and pull the latest suite and install it.

Results?

OniOceans

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014

Thanks for your quick response.

Ok, per your request I have tried the following steps in this order.

- Uninstalled card in Device Manager
- Restarted in Safe Mode
- Ran DDU (Device Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to remove all drivers and affiliated software.
- Restarted normally
- Installed the latest version of Geforce Experience. (v.3.4.0.70)
- Ran Geforce Experience
- Downloaded the latest drivers through Geforce Experience (Driver: 378.78)

Result - Problem still persists. Windows Device Manager continues to say error code: 43.

OK... redo the uninstall and try just letting Windows Update pull the relevant driver, like below

from an Nvidia forum:

Solved this morning, I uninstalled all Nvidia drivers, then using windows update, i get a notification that a new Nvidia WDM 2.0 driver was available => After updating and reboot it works .

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/861231/nvidia-amp-windows-10-how-i-solved-the-code-43-error-/

OniOceans

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014

[strike]Still nothing. =/
I redid the uninstall and let windows take over the updating/installing process and I am still getting Error Code 43. I am about to take my GPU to a friends house and see if the same error occurs on his PC.
Please let me know if you have any more suggestions. I will update when I learn more after testing my GPU on his PC.
Thank you for your help. [/strike]

Ok, so I've tested my GPU in my buddies rig. It worked flawlessly. It was glorious. So there is something definitely wrong on my PC.

I am all ears for the next bit of troubleshooting advice.

OniOceans

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
Excellent news! I have found the culprit!
I was one of the lucky one's who had iDisplay installed on my computer. Althoguh I had uninstalled it after discovering it was a potential candidate for causing code 43, there is another program iDisplay installs on your computer titled: OS Base iDisplay. Uninstalling that second program did the trick. :)

Thank you so much for your help. This case is closed.

OniOceans

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Here is the culprit.

http://osbase.com/idisplay/

I had uninstalled iDisplay earlier in the week, so I never thought to look for any other iDisplay software that might be hiding on my computer. It seems I had two different versions of iDisplay on my computer.

I used iDisplay about a year back (before upgrading my gpu) to turn a tablet into a second monitor. It worked for a while.

For anyone else who needs to fix error code 43, if you've used iDisplay in the past, check for these two programs and uninstall them.

iDisplay
OS Based iDisplay

Info__

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
Erro 43 no windows 10 placa Nvidia....

Se tudo deu errado a solução é mais simples que parece....

Solução 1: Execute uma reinicialização de energia
Esta é a solução mais fácil e pode funcionar como um encanto. Então, siga estes passos primeiro.

1. Desligue o computador.
2. Desconecte o carregador e remova a bateria.
3. Pressione e mantenha pressionado o botão liga / desliga por mais de um minuto. Isto é para descarregar qualquer acumulação elétrica.
4. Ligue o carregador e volte a colocar a bateria no lugar.
5. Reinicie seu computador.
senao der tenta mais esse

Solução 2: Desative a placa gráfica e descarregue a acumulação elétrica
Isso também pode ser um gatilho para resolver o problema.

1. Abra o Gerenciador de dispositivos.
2. Clique com o botão direito do mouse no nome do dispositivo NVIDIA. O menu de contexto aparecerá. Clique em Desativar no menu de contexto.
Desativar o driver de gráficos nvidia

3. Pressione o botão liga / desliga até o computador desligar.

4. Ligue novamente o computador.

urbanman2004

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
I was having trouble installing NVIDIA drivers to enable my GTX 1070 to work on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB so I did some minor research online as to why it wouldn't install and came across a thread that confirmed that the OS had to be updated to Version 1607 which I verified through running command "winver", but no dice. So another thread I looked at confirmed that I would need to install Visual C++ and DotNet packages since the LTSB branch of Windows doesn't include those OOB, but no dice. What I should've been doing was troubleshoot the error I was receiving after my failed attempts to install the NVIDIA drivers which came up w/ the following: "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I could've narrowed down my options to resolve my issue a whole lot easier if I had done my research on this error instead. Using "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" in my search query alone came up w/ potential viable solutions which lead me to the root of my problem: Lucid Virtu MVP v2.0. This POS software has been a pain in my side off and week after week since Oct 3rd when I initially encountered the "Code 43" error. I found that after uninstalling that POS software under Windows 10, I was able to successfully install the NVIDIA drivers to enable my GTX 1070 to work. Sorry for the long winded. If you've made it to the end of my rant then you're the real MVP.