GTX 1070ti SLI Recommendations?

Hello everyone
Currently I have 2 GPU for Mining Purpose
MSI TITANIUM GTX 1070ti
ASUS STRIX GTX 1060@6GB

so i was thinking to get replace my 1060 with 1070ti (will buy ASUS STRIX if not an issue)
i have 2K monitor
should i buy it? so that both cards will run in SLI? for better gaming it will improve it and for future proof?
have never used SLI before so..

Solution
Try to sell your 1060 soon to get the best price, as GPU prices have started to drop and are expected to keep falling. Keep the single 1070 Ti, as that's a great card for 1440p gaming (no SLI required). In the future, if you want to upgrade, sell the 1070 Ti and get whatever (single) more powerful card you want then.

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
I agree with Wildcard...too many "wildcards" with SLI these days. Some games support it well, some support it so it works ok, most don't support any SLI at all.

That 1060 is a very decent card, you can run most modern titles at 2k with medium to medium/high settings at 60fps.

i have 1070ti also :D
will wait then for new series and buy a new card and sell both of these

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Try to sell your 1060 soon to get the best price, as GPU prices have started to drop and are expected to keep falling. Keep the single 1070 Ti, as that's a great card for 1440p gaming (no SLI required). In the future, if you want to upgrade, sell the 1070 Ti and get whatever (single) more powerful card you want then.

Solution

3 scenarios.

if you do want to game now with good frames, you can use a single 1070ti, sell your 1060 because you don't need it.
your cards will sell for higher, because the new cards are not released yet, 2nd hand market do not get flood with 1070ti/1080s (even though, ex mining cards starts to flood the market )

if you are okay with reduced setting in 2k, you can sell your 1070ti now, and use 1060, same concept, you can get higher price if you sells your card now.

if you don't care much about gaming in the next few month, you can sell both cards with a good price and wait for 11 series cards.