Gtx 1080 20% utilization. Low fps

Jul 5, 2018
Hey guys, I built this computer almost a year ago and haven't touched it the past 6 months. Before i left, i could get 200+ fps at 100 render and medium to high settings in overwatch, but recently after moving to a new apartment and bringing my computer with me, i wasn't getting the same fps as before even after updating all my drivers, so I tried a factory reset and redownloaded all the drivers, but now I'm getting even worse fps than before the reset. Around 80-100 fps with 75% render and all low settings in overwatch. I'm getting 20% usage on GPU in game and around 50% usage on CPU in game. I really don't know what to do now because I already tried factory resetting. Also, dont know if this could be a cause, but my air and pump fans are running about 3x faster than before even on quiet mode. Any help is appreciated :)

As for specs:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/LeeSingedra/saved/

Solution
You have to ask yourself what has changed in six months since you used it, I would say dust and many updated drivers for everything in your computer. If it sat for six months it probably needs a good cleaning. Be aggressive with cleaning your psu, cooler radiator and all cooling fans ETC. And update all those annoying drivers.
Jul 5, 2018
Are you talking about maximum performance in power settings? If so I have tried that, but there doesn't seem to be any changes. edit: oh i just looked up the PCIEX you were talking about. It was already off.

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
You have to ask yourself what has changed in six months since you used it, I would say dust and many updated drivers for everything in your computer. If it sat for six months it probably needs a good cleaning. Be aggressive with cleaning your psu, cooler radiator and all cooling fans ETC. And update all those annoying drivers.

Solution