GTX 1080 Gigabyte WindForce OC artifacts

Luiz Gustavo

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
I bought an GTX 1080, it arrived from shipping on 28/12. I installed, the card, used DDU to clean all remaining drivers, installed the Nvidia driver with Geforce Experience and all, and lastly installed the Gigabyte utility to change modes (Eco, Gaming, OC). Played some games like GTA V, Astroneer, Ylands, Osiris New Dawn, Automobillista and then tried The Crew and Need For Speed Most Wanted (the new one) and found that in these two games I had some artifacts, these artifacts got all over shiny reflections and texts. I can't figure the problem.

Solution
I found the problem.
These artifactes are not from the card itself (got an screenshot where the image was clear, but the screen was artifacting). The problem comes from the Windows 10 Insider Preview. Just reinstalled an regular version of Windows 10 and everything is working fine now.

Open your Nvidia Control Panel by right clicking on your desktop and clicking on Nvidia Control Panel. Click on help within NCP and click on Debug Mode. Does that help? This sounds like an OC that has been taken to far. With MSI AB and other card utilities the user can OC. Crashes and artifacts are clear indicators they have OCds past their card's "comfort" level. We back the OC off a little and test again. However you don't talking about overclocking so that suggests a manufacturer's problem hence the debug mode which removes all factory overclocks.

Luiz Gustavo

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
Thanks for the repply, and sorry about the delay, I was not in home. I don't oced the GPU, don't even used the OC mode on the Gigabyte Control Panel. I will be trying this asap.

Thanks again.

Luiz Gustavo

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
I found the problem.
These artifactes are not from the card itself (got an screenshot where the image was clear, but the screen was artifacting). The problem comes from the Windows 10 Insider Preview. Just reinstalled an regular version of Windows 10 and everything is working fine now.

Solution