[SOLVED] GTX 1080 no display on start up

drewlj7

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
I have a Zotac GTX 1080 and I've been recently having problems where I will be using my PC with no issue and then I will have to restart or shut down. It shuts down just fine. The problem arises when I have to turn the PC back on. I will power it up and sometimes the display will not turn on. I'm running 2 1080p monitors one with HDMI and one with DVI. All of the external hardware will light up and work just fine, it's just that I can't see anything on my monitors. Once there is no display, no matter how many times I turn the PC on and off again the display will not show. The only fix I have found is that I have to physically take the card out and put it back in and the display will come back no issue upon boot up. Other than that there are no problems while the PC is running. I have the latest nvida drivers and my PSU is more than enough to handle the card. I'm running Windows 10. Any suggestions please?

Solution
On my board, at least, white light is VGA which means it isn't installed correctly or no power to it. Green means no power, Orange is a DRAM issue (Like frequency set too high for processor), and red is a CPU problem (installed incorrectly or broken).

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
I have a Zotac GTX 1080 and I've been recently having problems where I will be using my PC with no issue and then I will have to restart or shut down. It shuts down just fine. The problem arises when I have to turn the PC back on. I will power it up and sometimes the display will not turn on. I'm running 2 1080p monitors one with HDMI and one with DVI. All of the external hardware will light up and work just fine, it's just that I can't see anything on my monitors. Once there is no display, no matter how many times I turn the PC on and off again the display will not show. The only fix I have found is that I have to physically take the card out and put it back in and the display will come back no issue upon boot up. Other than that there are no problems while the PC is running. I have the latest nvida drivers and my PSU is more than enough to handle the card. I'm running Windows 10. Any suggestions please?
Turn off the PC by flicking the switch on the psu and reset cmos by removing the little button battery on the motherboard. Then hold the power button 30 seconds continuously for 5 minutes and then put the button battery back in. Then try turning it on

Oct 13, 2021
Turn off the PC by flicking the switch on the psu and reset cmos by removing the little button battery on the motherboard. Then hold the power button 30 seconds continuously for 5 minutes and then put the button battery back in. Then try turning it on
No need to hold power button continuously, just remove the battery and press the power button a few times to clear capacitors. Could be a driver issue, even though it's latest, make sure it was installed correctly. Also, what are the system specs and also are there any troubleshooting lights upon system power-on?

Reactions: Fatblabs
Oct 13, 2021
On my board, at least, white light is VGA which means it isn't installed correctly or no power to it. Green means no power, Orange is a DRAM issue (Like frequency set too high for processor), and red is a CPU problem (installed incorrectly or broken).

Solution