Question Gtx 1080 not working

Typhon219

Commendable
Dec 24, 2019
Hi,

I have just got hold of a MSI gtx 1080 aero. I’m trying to get it to work but struggling as it isn’t being seen by the MB. It powers on, the fans spin and led‘s light on the gpu but I can’t get a signal Unless I use the MB output.
my older 780ti works perfectly and uses the same drivers so I don’t have a problem with the pcie slot, bios, Windows, drivers and the PSU is a 650w Corsair so I expect that to be fine.
is there anything I could try to get the computer to see the card before I assume it needs a professional to fix it?

Typhon219

Commendable
Dec 24, 2019
Full specs?

As for the graphics card... New? Used? If used did the seller have a good reputation?

As it is, I would start with reseating it and making sure the power connectors are secure.

full specs are
G
Full specs?

As for the graphics card... New? Used? If used did the seller have a good reputation?

As it is, I would start with reseating it and making sure the power connectors are secure.

hi,

specs are
I5 7600k
GA Z170x gaming 7
GSX1080 aero 8gb
16gb Corsair ram
650x Corsair psu

i tried reseating it but that didn’t help. It was bought as a non working card that I hoped to repair. everything connects fine, fans spin and the card lights light up when I power on but the computer doesn’t know that it has a gpu. I also have the 780ti and that works perfectly so it’s definitely an issue with the 1080 card itself but I though to ask here in case anyone has fixed a similar issue

Typhon219

Commendable
Dec 24, 2019
Watch the language
Uhh........ maybe that's why it's not working?

How did you plan on repairing it? Run some magic GPU repairing software?

people Tell you to Removed off a lot don’t they

Just the dumb ones.

i just bought a new nvme ssd i was wondering if i can download and install games on it on this pc and when my new one gets delivered move the drive to the new pc windows is installed on another drive on both pc

i have never moved a harddrive from one pc to another without wiping it so just wanna know if i can keep the games installed and use on the new pc if not it should be here tomorrow but i just wanna play with my new toys lol

Last edited by a moderator:
lmao that was funny.

Any hoot, it could be as simple as the hdmi or dp port is bad. If it starts up and fans run it really could be that simple.

In that case you would have to buy a new port, and solder it on, with no guarentee of it working. But its a possibility as you say the card runs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Typhon219

Commendable
Dec 24, 2019
lmao that was funny.

Any hoot, it could be as simple as the hdmi or dp port is bad. If it starts up and fans run it really could be that simple.

In that case you would have to buy a new port, and solder it on, with no guarentee of it working. But its a possibility as you say the card runs.
Thanks for the constructive comment. I think it’s likely a hardware issue that I’ll need to have fixed. Oh well, I’ll be sending it off for a repair.

Reactions: Jason H.

Typhon219

Commendable
Dec 24, 2019
Well I couldn’t find any of drivinfast247’s magic gpu software. But, being magic myself, I did get it repaired. Free of charge. So I now have a working 1080 that cost me about 30% of the typical used market price. This is why I bought the card “knowing damn well it didn’t work”. I’d either repair it for a super cheap upgrade or not repair it and sell for what I paid for it.