Gtx 1080 Ti Asus Rog Poseidon VS 1080 Ti MSI Gaming X Trio

pvlbpc

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017
GTX 1080 TI ASUS ROG POSEIDON : R$ 3850,00 Warranty 1 Year
GTX 1080 TI MSI GAMING X TRIO : R$ 4000,00 Warranty 3 Year

WHAT DE BEST?

Solution
Gaming X Trio if you're going air cooled. The Poseidon is basically an air/watercooling hybrid and does not do either of them particularly well, and it fits a very niche market.

Gaming X Trio will give much lower temps and noise by comparison.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
Gaming X Trio if you're going air cooled. The Poseidon is basically an air/watercooling hybrid and does not do either of them particularly well, and it fits a very niche market.

Gaming X Trio will give much lower temps and noise by comparison.

Solution

Between those two it's the MSI card that's the best.

The best? EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid. I had about 9 months to save money and look into that question among others. I had this.
PC.png
. Did I need to move to coffee lake? GFX card only maybe. I eventually decided my GFX card was truly the weakest link. I went all over the board from the 1070 up to the insane 1080 Ti cards.

One of the biggest enemies in a PC is heat so that would be one of my main concerns. I've heard people regularly game with their GFX card hovering in the 80's. As long as it in't thermal throttling they're okay with those temps. They then pass that onto others via questions here. I am not one of those people. Whether it' a board, laptop or GFX card Strix by Asus is fairly popular. Strix and ROG usually spell gaming. I did have a loooong time to save money. https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-rog-strix-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-oc,5225-5.html is one article that influenced my GFX card purchase. 73C was the max temp. for the Asus Strix 1080 Ti. That sounds pretty good but still a little on the warm side. https://overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/evga_gtx_1080_ti_ftw3_hybrid_review/1 That shows the EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid topped out at 43C. FOURTY-three? Okay....
2018_PC.png
is what I have now. EVGA did the Hybrid Cooling right.

Its part number ends with a KR so it comes with a three year warranty.