[SOLVED] GTX 1080 ti not performing as well in some titles.

May 11, 2020
Hey i've been using a 1080 ti for a while with my i7 7700k and I noticed on youtube that people with the same setup were running Call of Duty: Warzone on 1080p Low settings and getting 180-200 fps. I ran the same settings and I barely get 120-130 fps average. My GPU is even overclocked so I'm not sure why its performing so poorly. I ran a Userbenchmark and it said my GPU was performing "Way above expectations" so would anyone know why this is happening?

My specs are
Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Turbo 11g
I7 7700k
Enermax Liqmax III 360 AIO
16gb DDR4 3200
Asrock Z270 Pro4 MB
Adata 256gb SSD
Toshiba 1tb HDD

Solution
Nothing in particular stands out there.
Could be drivers, or the last game update was broken...
OR, there may not be anything wrong here at all - bloody Youtube videos...

-My GPU takes 2 cables. a 8 pin and 6 pin. Would that matter?
You should be using 2 separate cables and not one of those Y cables that older models had.

-My Cpu only boosts to 4.4ghz and not 4.5ghz, but that small 100hz shouldn't matter that much right?
No, that's normal.
Turbo Frequency4,500 MHz (1 core),
4,400 MHz (2 cores),
4,400 MHz (3 cores),
4,400 MHz (4 cores)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
-Something's overheating?
-One of the storage drives is full? Almost full?
-Ram is running in single channel?
-Virus? Malware?
-Running dated motherboard drivers?
-Running Google Chrome alongside the game? Might not have enough ram for that...
-Gpu is connected to power supply with 2x separate cables?
-Cpu is turbo boosting properly?

Could be a number or a combo of things - you haven't done much in the way of troubleshooting, eh?

May 11, 2020
Hey i've been using a 1080 ti for a while with my i7 7700k and I noticed on youtube that people with the same setup were running Call of Duty: Warzone on 1080p Low settings and getting 180-200 fps. I ran the same settings and I barely get 120-130 fps average. My GPU is even overclocked so I'm not sure why its performing so poorly. I ran a Userbenchmark and it said my GPU was performing "Way above expectations" so would anyone know why this is happening?
Post the link from your userbenchmark results.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31335754

May 11, 2020
-Something's overheating?
-One of the storage drives is full? Almost full?
-Ram is running in single channel?
-Virus? Malware?
-Running dated motherboard drivers?
-Running Google Chrome alongside the game? Might not have enough ram for that...
-Gpu is connected to power supply with 2x separate cables?
-Cpu is turbo boosting properly?

Could be a number or a combo of things - you haven't done much in the way of troubleshooting, eh?
-Checked temps on everything and nothing seems to be in overheating range or thermal throttling.
-My HDD is where its installed and it is not even near full. Do you think installing to my SSD will help?
-How would I check to make sure ram is running in dual channel? they are for sure installed in dual channel placement
-No virus or malware. I have kaspersky antivirus and nothing detected.
-I actually haven't updated my motherboard drivers. Like I didn't even think about that and Ive been using it for 3 years. Could be that. Ill try to do that.
-No I don't run anything with my games besides MSI Afterburner and Discord.
-My Cpu only boosts to 4.4ghz and not 4.5ghz, but that small 100hz shouldn't matter that much right?

I've actually been trying alot of different things in the past 2 days in a sense for troubleshooting, so after no success I came here.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

You should be using 2 separate cables and not one of those Y cables that older models had.

No, that's normal.
4,400 MHz (2 cores),
4,400 MHz (3 cores),
4,400 MHz (4 cores)

Solution
May 11, 2020

No, that's normal.
4,400 MHz (2 cores),
4,400 MHz (3 cores),
4,400 MHz (4 cores)
I will try to see if not updating my motherboard drivers was the problem.
With the graphics card power cables, I actually have sleeved extensions so I cant remember if its a Y cable. I will check that too though.
Im gonna be honest, Im not sure how to update my motherboard drivers. But even then im looking at there download page and there's so many im not sure what to do.

Last edited: