gtx 1080 with i5 8600k runs games very poorly.

Oct 26, 2018
First of all here are my specs.

Gigabyte gtx 1080 g1 gaming

i5 8600k @ 3.6 Ghz

rog strix z370-h gaming

cryorig h7 cooler

16 gb 2400mhz corsair vengeance ram

corsair rm650x psu

So, at first i thought all was well, until i started playing pubg with this setup. On all low settings at 1080p i average around 40-50 frames. And i heard im supposed to be getting around 80 on all ultra. So, i just wanna know what could be causing this problem? I updated windows 10 and my bios. My drivers are all up to date, so i just cant figure out why my pc is running so poorly... Thanks to anyone who helps.

Is this a new build or one that suddenly developed the issue? Was the HDD you are using part of an other system and you just swapped it over without reinstalling windows? Have you performed a CLEAN install of your display drivers(run ddu in safe mode, reboot and install the latest drivers)? Whats your temps looking under load?

Pretty simple, did you use a hard drive that you installed Windows on previously with a different CPU and motherboard or did you do a fresh install of Windows when you built this? Every time you change a motherboard windows should be installed again and new drivers installed. Otherwise your new drivers are conflicting with the old ones.

Oct 26, 2018

yes, i used this hard drive with a different mobo,cpu and ram. i get the "activate windows" watermark. and i have tried reinstalling it but nothing changes. And i have the latest nvidia driver.

Oct 26, 2018

My build has been like this since i got a new mobo, cpu and ram. i have had this hdd since the beginning of the build, i have tried everything to activate windows again, except for buy a new license. I have never ran ddu. my gpu hits about 54c steady at 100%. my cpu jumps around but it hits the mid 40's, but there is one thing i find troubling, my cpu never stays above 30% usage. and its very jumpy, if that makes any sense.

Oct 26, 2018

i know that other games could work better, and my hdmi is plugged into the card

Oct 26, 2018

using ddu didnt help, so im convinced its my processor or the drivers for it