GTX 1080Ti Founders OR wait for non founders 1080Ti?

Salkio

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Title says it all, should i buy a GTX 1080Ti Founders (PS which one? Zotac, gigabyte, asus etc)
or should i rather wait till the non founders editions come out?

Solution
If you want the best performance / cooling / noise levels, wait for the aftermarket non-founders cards.

If you absolutely must have one now, or are planning to water cool, or have a case with really bad airflow (as the blower style will help), pick up a founders.

There are no differences between an Nvidia founders, an ASUS founders, an EVGA founders etc - they're all exactly the same cards in different boxes. The only reason to go for a specific brand is customer service / availability.

I would recommend EVGA for their customer service if you are going to pick an FE, otherwise just get which ever you can / is the cheapest.

However, if you can wait, the better non-FE cards are on their way.

Gallarian

Distinguished
If you want the best performance / cooling / noise levels, wait for the aftermarket non-founders cards.

If you absolutely must have one now, or are planning to water cool, or have a case with really bad airflow (as the blower style will help), pick up a founders.

There are no differences between an Nvidia founders, an ASUS founders, an EVGA founders etc - they're all exactly the same cards in different boxes. The only reason to go for a specific brand is customer service / availability.

I would recommend EVGA for their customer service if you are going to pick an FE, otherwise just get which ever you can / is the cheapest.

However, if you can wait, the better non-FE cards are on their way.

Solution

Salkio

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

Thank you! I will wait

PCMAN

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008

I passed on 1080FE because I notice 2 specs were not the same has lower PIXEL FILL RATE and TEXTURE FILLRATE many reviewers don't even tell and they run at the lowest clock 1607 before boost. pass on it
I'm thriller with 2 SC playing metro the light fps low very rare 99 98 avg 115 max 135 but its smooth 2050-5400 bet 2 ti beastly

McLuke

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017

+1

Is there a normal time frame between founders and aftermarket?

farmfowls

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2014

I guess not. But looking at patterns from previous generations could tell us something.

Gallarian

Distinguished
Current release windows for announced AIB partner cards:

ASUS Strix - 28th/29th March (i.e. this week)
EVGA SC - Early April
EVGA FTW - Late April/Early May
Gigabyte (Auros) Extreme - April
MSI Gaming - Early April
Zotac AMP Extreme - Mid/Late April

(all subject to change of course)

saas1980

Reputable
May 23, 2015
Any updates on those estimations for the UK?

I'm looking to pick up an EVGA aftermarket 1080ti with that slick EVGA led logo. Where can I sign up to keep tabs on availability/release date?