[SOLVED] GTX 1080TI Temperature / Software Problems?

Sep 15, 2019
I have a Gigabyte GTX 1080TI Gaming OC 11G that I do not overclock and I am having some issues with GPU Temperatures under load, or maybe the software. The software that comes with the card, aorus engine in the top right corner, shows that my GPU Tempe is 83° C; however, Speedfan shows 63° C, Open Hardware Monitor shows 63° C core temp, HWiNFO64 shows 63° C, and GPU-Z shows 64° C. I thought that the Aorus software would be the most reliable because it is the one that comes directly from gigabyte, and with the card, but now I am not so sure. Any ideas? View: https://imgur.com/a/O3xBFcy

Solution
Having all those different monitoring programs can cause others not to read correctly...
-Open Hardware Monitor is displaying cpu temps below ambient - not possible, unless you're blasting your cpu with LN2

Gigabyte must've fixed their Aorus Engine software, huh? It was pretty bad a couple years ago when I last used it.
If I recall correctly, all profiles but Silent Mode would cause crashes.

Also, you're misreading the gpu temp in AE. The font Gigabyte uses in that program sucks. It's fairly easy to mistake the 6s for 8s - I made that same mistake too, and it's the other reason I dropped AE.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Having all those different monitoring programs can cause others not to read correctly...
-Open Hardware Monitor is displaying cpu temps below ambient - not possible, unless you're blasting your cpu with LN2

Gigabyte must've fixed their Aorus Engine software, huh? It was pretty bad a couple years ago when I last used it.

Also, you're misreading the gpu temp in AE. The font Gigabyte uses in that program sucks. It's fairly easy to mistake the 6s for 8s - I made that same mistake too, and it's the other reason I dropped AE.

Solution
Sep 15, 2019

Wow, that's actually funny that the text is that bad. Im going to switch to Afterburner anyways, considering that even though my fan configuration was set to operate at around 55% fan speeds at 60 degrees C, they were at 100%. I've always had issues with this software. Thanks for the help!

TRENDING THREADS