Question GTX 1650 super possible bottleneck by i5 4690?

Krishna1999

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2013
Hey guys. So i recently purchased a GTX 1650 super and added it on to my prexisting 6ish year build consisting of an i5 4690, 12gigs of ram (4gb recently added), h97 plus motherboard, a G650M PSU (cooler master) and a new WD blue SSD and HDD.
The problem is simple. I am getting lower fps than what i am supposed to be getting with the current build. There isnt a full GPU usage at all most of the times. However, GPU benchmarks such as the Unigine Heaven and Superposition give me fairly average ( sorta 50th percentile) scores of my GPU, meaning its performing as expected.
Even in games like Genshin Impact, which is really easy to run, at max settings 1080p, i get drops to 40ish.
This happens EVERY time my CPU usage rises beyond 70ish.
Now theoretically my 4690 isnt supposed to be bottlenecking my 1650 super this much. However there is yet another point about my CPUs history i want to add. Only recently, about a year and a half ago, i purchased a H45 AIO corsair to cool the temps. Before, with stock, it used to run as high as 85+.
Now could those high temps the 5 years of gaming i did have reduced the CPUs performance? Even before that, is this even a sure shot CPU bottleneck?
Thanks in advanced.

quad core/quad thread CPUs are often increasingly feeling the proverbial 'thread challenge' pain in gaming, particularly in maintaining adequate minimum FPS, but, this varies with assorted gaming titles....

(however, upgrading GPUs often introduces the possibility of misconfiguration of game, where a game might have been installed and configured with one hardware config but is then substandard after swapping a GPU, and, might not be fixable short of uninstalling the game and newly reinstalling it.)

Krishna1999

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2013
quad core/quad thread CPUs are often increasingly feeling the proverbial 'thread challenge' pain in gaming, particularly in maintaining adequate minimum FPS, but, this varies with assorted gaming titles....

(however, upgrading GPUs often introduces the possibility of misconfiguration of game, where a game might have been installed and configured with one hardware config but is then substandard after swapping a GPU, and, might not be fixable short of uninstalling the game and newly reinstalling it.)
I see. But im not sure this is case since i installed unity and syndicate (AC) AFTER installing the gtx 1650 super. And as usual im getting crappy performance with respect to others who have the same/near same setup as mine. Which is concerning.

I’ve got a 2nd system (although decommissioned at the moment) with a 4670k OC’d to 4.3GHz. This is a very similar but slightly more powerful i5 from the same time as yours. It has been a poor cpu for gaming for several years now, some are (Gears 5) are unplayable on it. Running a Mia match of RAM possibly isn’t helping, I had 4x4gb but ultimately these old i5’s don’t cut it for many AAA games released in the last few years.

Krishna1999

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2013
I’ve got a 2nd system (although decommissioned at the moment) with a 4670k OC’d to 4.3GHz. This is a very similar but slightly more powerful i5 from the same time as yours. It has been a poor cpu for gaming for several years now, some are (Gears 5) are unplayable on it. Running a Mia match of RAM possibly isn’t helping, I had 4x4gb but ultimately these old i5’s don’t cut it for many AAA games released in the last few years.
Yeah looks like it! But the only issue is im getting a relatively less performance than even a bottlenecked 4690 should give. Ive compared my framerates with online rigs having the sameish rig. And thats the frustrating part. Even if at the minimum my 4690 performs like how it should regardless of bottleneck, Ill be content. :\