[SOLVED] GTX 1650 VS GTX 1650 SUPER (Features)

Feb 28, 2020
I usually play CS:GO with my GT 1030, and I want to start playing Warzone and Apex with an upgrade, I was originally going to upgrade to the GTX 1650 Super, however this card is out of stock EVERYWHERE! Would buying the GTX 1650 with Turing features be a massive downgrade in terms of the games I play? I don't plan on playing any of the High requirement games such as Assasins Creed etc.

Cheers
George

poorbugger

Distinguished
BANNED
I usually play CS:GO with my GT 1030, and I want to start playing Warzone and Apex with an upgrade, I was originally going to upgrade to the GTX 1650 Super, however this card is out of stock EVERYWHERE! Would buying the GTX 1650 with Turing features be a massive downgrade in terms of the games I play? I don't plan on playing any of the High requirement games such as Assasins Creed etc.

Cheers
George
I would stick with the gtx 1650 super. The gtx 1650 is really underwhelming. The difference is quite big between them.

I a
The 1650 and the 1650 super are nowhere near each other performance wise.
The super has 1280 shaders vs 896 on the reg version
80 tmu vs 56 on the reg
it's clocked faster on the core and has far faster memory 12 Gbps vs 8 Gbps

Don't get the regular version,just don't. It is a massive downgrade,

https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/2572?vs=2571
I also believe the 1650 non super does NOT have NVENC. At least not the newer generation NVENC. My friend bought a super because of this and the massive upgrade in performance. The 1650 is a joke

Reactions: spentshells
There are only two situations where you should buy a GTX 1650. The first is if it's the only option available whether in price or stock and the second is if you need a low profile card for a system with a PSU that has no PCIE 6-pin for the GPU (mainly refurbished office PCs). The best thing about the GTX 1650, is the low profile version is the fastest low profile card on the market that doesn't require PCIE power.

Reactions: spentshells

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
The 1650 non super are like the rtx 3090.It has no place.The 1650 should have been the 1650 super's performance right out of the box.Here the 1650 non super are 1k more than a rx 570.So i would rather wait for the super to come back into stock

The 1650 non super are like the rtx 3090.It has no place.The 1650 should have been the 1650 super's performance right out of the box.Here the 1650 non super are 1k more than a rx 570.So i would rather wait for the super to come back into stock

GTX1650 is the fastest TU107 can go. GTX1650 Super is based on cut down TU106 chip. so nvidia can't go faster with GTX1650 even if they want to. but even right now it is still the fastest sub 75w GPU. the price premium on it coming from the fact you can put this on pc with small power supply. think about those prebuilt that only have 250w PSU inside them and this think will work in those PC and uplift it's gaming performance significantly. it is the same premium strategy nvidia use since GTX 750Ti back in 2014. but for DIY based PC the kind of pricing it has does not make sense.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
I
GTX1650 is the fastest TU107 can go. GTX1650 Super is based on cut down TU106 chip. so nvidia can't go faster with GTX1650 even if they want to. but even right now it is still the fastest sub 75w GPU. the price premium on it coming from the fact you can put this on pc with small power supply. think about those prebuilt that only have 250w PSU inside them and this think will work in those PC and uplift it's gaming performance significantly. it is the same premium strategy nvidia use since GTX 750Ti back in 2014. but for DIY based PC the kind of pricing it has does not make sense.
I still feel like they'd sell a ton more if it was priced like $99 or better still, $80, as a replacement to a 1030. But at this point it just starts sounding like a terrible idea for business lol

I

I still feel like they'd sell a ton more if it was priced like $99 or better still, $80, as a replacement to a 1030. But at this point it just starts sounding like a terrible idea for business lol

maybe they will. but nvidia try to leverage the fact it is the fastest sub 75w GPU money can buy to charge the premium. those that are not that PC savvy guy can just install the GPU as long as he knows that the power supply he had is 250W upon reading spec sheet about his pc on the internet. it is not a replacement to GT1030 though. GT1030 is using GP108 chip. this Gx108 chip usually only made to be used with laptops not desktop. but since AMD back in 2017 release RX550 (which have comparable to nvidia GP108 performance) nvidia just kind of release them on desktop to compete with AMD offering at the time.

InvalidError

Titan
It may sell better at $90 but companies make products to turn a profit and there is no profit to be had on sub-$100 SKU when ~$20 of it is the BOM cost of VRAM alone, then you have to add the GPU die itself, the PCB , HSF, assembly, testing, packaging, marketing, distribution costs and everyone's profit margins on top.

Part of the reason why entry-level GPU prices are going up is because the break-even costs of making a GPU and getting it to store shelves is creeping up. The only way you are going to see a 4GB GPU going for under $100 is if manufacturers desperately need to clear obsolete stock, which isn't really going to happen at a time where most SKUs are supply-constrained, which brings us to the other reason lower-end GPU prices are going up: because AMD and Nvidia have limited wafer supply, they have to prioritize wafer allocation to the more profitable SKUs first, which means less profitable SKUs have to bear the opportunity cost of bothering to make them.

TRENDING THREADS