[SOLVED] GTX 1660 or GTX 1660 Ti?

ObnoxiousWalrus

Reputable
Aug 11, 2019
Hey there. I'd like to move on from a non-Ti GTX 1050 to either a GTX 1660 or 1660 Ti. However, i'm not sure which one to pick.

I'm on a tight budget, so every dollar matters. I'm using a 60 Hz monitor and don't intend on changing it anytime soon.

I've seen everywhere that the 1660 6GB would be perfect for a 1080p 60Hz setup and that a 1660 Ti would be pretty overkill, since obviously, anything beyond 60 fps cannot be seen anyway. But what i'm looking for is a durable card, both in terms of hardware and sufficient FPS. Every year, games become more and more GPU-extensive and i'd like to be able to deal with this increase.

There'll inevitably come a point where the 1660 won't be able to reach 60 FPS(on at least medium) on certain games, while the 1660 Ti might.

Though, as i said, i'm on a tight budget, and i'm really losing my mind about if the $50 price gap between the two is justified.

In short, is the GTX 1660 Ti worth the $50 increase if i want to play upcoming games?

Solution
The 50 dollar difference is ABSOLUTELY worth it. Especially if you want 60fps at the highest possible settings per title. As you say, the demands of games are only going to increase, and the 1660 is pretty sketchy as far as being right on the cusp of what's "good enough" and what's not, already, so tomorrow, meaning next year, or the year after, you can be sure that the fifty dollars spent today will go far towards possibly not needing to spend another two hundred then.
The 50 dollar difference is ABSOLUTELY worth it. Especially if you want 60fps at the highest possible settings per title. As you say, the demands of games are only going to increase, and the 1660 is pretty sketchy as far as being right on the cusp of what's "good enough" and what's not, already, so tomorrow, meaning next year, or the year after, you can be sure that the fifty dollars spent today will go far towards possibly not needing to spend another two hundred then.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS