Question gtx 1660 ti upgrade suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2021
My son has a gtx 1660 ti in his Aroura r8 with a 460 power supply. I know graphic cards are outragous right now So Ill probably wait a bit but, power and performance wise (and price) what would be the best bang for the buck and not push his power beyond any safe levels.
I7 9700
32gb 2666 dual channel
256 m2 boot
2gb hdd
Bluray read writer

Frankie4Fingarz

Commendable
Apr 24, 2019
First of all if your referring to a 460w power supply your components are maxed out. You cant really get any better, you may be able to squeeze in a 2060 but even then the performance would be minimal and not worth and upgrade. I would instead get a new PSU before even thinking of an upgrade.

My son has a gtx 1660 ti in his Aroura r8 with a 460 power supply. I know graphic cards are outragous right now So Ill probably wait a bit but, power and performance wise (and price) what would be the best bang for the buck and not push his power beyond any safe levels.
I7 9700
32gb 2666 dual channel
256 m2 boot
2gb hdd
Bluray read writer

Yeah, if you want to step up to a more powerful card on the future, you'll want a better power supply, like a RM650x for example.

Jul 27, 2021
Thank You everyone, I see that an Amd RX 6600 XT is coming out soon.. It show on its specs. 160w 1x8 pin for power consumption. do any of you think that could work? I know its all up in the air since its not like anyone can get them when they come out anyways. Oh and I know power is a problem for this system, But I am terrible at cable management, and really just want to attempt to work within its current make up. (Will probably just later buy him a better computer, but want to help this one for now.)

Status
Not open for further replies.