GTX 460 in System will POST, but Hangs Before IRQ List

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Bought a GTX 460 1GB to replace my 8800 GT. The card is running on a Core 2 Duo @ 2.8, MSI 975X PowerUp Edition, and an Antec Neo Power 550 with two 6-pin PCI-E cables powering it directly from the PSU.

The system will POST and I get the standard start-up screen. However, AFTER it shows memory, CPU speed/type, and a list of IDE drives, the system hangs ... no list of IRQs/devices and no booting.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks In Advance,
Scott

G

8800GT works fine when I put it back in. Since it doesn't even start loading Windows 7 I know it's not the drivers. It's go to be something on the motherboard. Again, I don't get the IRQ/Bus device list that normally comes up.

NLNJA

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
8800GT works fine when I put it back in. Since it doesn't even start loading Windows 7 I know it's not the drivers. It's go to be something on the motherboard. Again, I don't get the IRQ/Bus device list that normally comes up.

Having same issue, I have an abit aw9d-max, similar chipset. Any ideas, or were you able to resolve. Thanks.

The OP hasn't bothered to authenticate their account so you guys would be better off starting your own threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.