gtx 550 ti fan noise

dkgameplayer

Reputable
Feb 9, 2015
How loud is the gtx 550 ti in decibels? (I'm comparing gtx 550 ti fan noise to the evga gtx 980 super clocked acx 2.0 cooler noise) thanks!

Solution
Most GPU cooling systems make almost the same noise. You won't notice a difference in Db if it's smaller than 5 Db.

As for comparing two video cards for noise purely based on supposition:
- usually two-fan cooled cards will be significantly noisier (think 10-15, maybe even 20 Db noisier)
- larger fan blades usually means they'll rotate a lot slower than smaller ones (2000 RPM or under) -> less noisier
- overclocked versions of graphic cards are usually noisier (they need more cooling to keep everything stable for the higher clocks -> bigger fans/ faster rotation)

I'm not sure which is the exact model of your GTX 560 ti (this matters because some models have 1 fan, some have 2, some have bigger blades, etc), but I'll take a wild guess...

I3lue1

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
Most GPU cooling systems make almost the same noise. You won't notice a difference in Db if it's smaller than 5 Db.

As for comparing two video cards for noise purely based on supposition:
- usually two-fan cooled cards will be significantly noisier (think 10-15, maybe even 20 Db noisier)
- larger fan blades usually means they'll rotate a lot slower than smaller ones (2000 RPM or under) -> less noisier
- overclocked versions of graphic cards are usually noisier (they need more cooling to keep everything stable for the higher clocks -> bigger fans/ faster rotation)

I'm not sure which is the exact model of your GTX 560 ti (this matters because some models have 1 fan, some have 2, some have bigger blades, etc), but I'll take a wild guess and say that the 980 will be significantly noisier (5-10 Db noisier) since it's currently the most modern graphics card out there and the model you're pointing to is the "super clocked" version.

Solution