GTX 555 not found after plugging into Gigabyte 3.0 motherboard

Sohale La Fleur

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
Plugged in my new graphics card and the fan powers up but the hardware is nowhere to be found. I tried installing the drivers manually but the setup for it fails at the first stage. It says that no compatible hardware is found.

Not sure where to go from here as I don't have a disk for the graphics card because my friend gave it to me. Any workarounds?

Solution

OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) refers to the company which manufactures a product which is later branded and sold in retail by other companies like dell, hp etc.

And BTW any gpu that you buy should be compatible with your mobo. What is your budget ???

If you want a card with performance comparable to the gtx 555...

ayushde

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2013

As far as I know isn't gtx 555 an OEM only card??? Where did you buy one ??

Sohale La Fleur

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
OEM? I'm not too sure what that means, my friend gave me his graphics card because he didn't need the one that came with his Alienware build, is it not recognising it because it's designed specifically for Alienware and mounting it on a Gigabyte 3.0 motherboard is never gonna work?
If so, can you recommend a cheap graphics card that is compatible so I don't have to buy a whole new system lol. Thanks in advance

ayushde

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2013

OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) refers to the company which manufactures a product which is later branded and sold in retail by other companies like dell, hp etc.

And BTW any gpu that you buy should be compatible with your mobo. What is your budget ???

If you want a card with performance comparable to the gtx 555 then get a gtx 650ti or hd 7770.

Get this it is a great deal if you are on a budget....
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/powercolor-video-card-ax77701gbd5he

Solution