[SOLVED] GTX 660 causing my pc to randomly restart during gameplay

Jun 14, 2020
Recently bought a used GT X 660 and it was working fine for few days. However while playing, it randomly restarts and started to use benchmarks to see which hardware was the problem. Ran 3DMark Time Spy and it got through barely and used Cinebench R20 and got passed fine. When using Heaven Benchmark, it almost instantly force restart my pc. Right now, I don't know how to move forward and find solutions for the matter. Any help would be appreciated.

My pc specs:

Biostar-H110MHC
Pentium G4400
(2x4) GB G.Skill DDR4 Ram
GTX 660 QLEADTEK
Hitachi HDD
Headway 500w PSU

Solution
You should start by buying a new, good quality PSU of about 550 watts. That Headway has 25 amps on its 12v rail, which is what the graphics card uses. 25 amps means 300 watts of power, so those con merchants who made it are actually lying to you by advertising it as 500 watts.

It's not. Replace it.
You should start by buying a new, good quality PSU of about 550 watts. That Headway has 25 amps on its 12v rail, which is what the graphics card uses. 25 amps means 300 watts of power, so those con merchants who made it are actually lying to you by advertising it as 500 watts.

It's not. Replace it.

Reactions: King_V
Solution
Jun 14, 2020

It's not. Replace it.

What are your choices for cheap but reliable psu?

TRENDING THREADS