[SOLVED] GTX 670 HDMI issue

Gaspar Cosme

Honorable
Apr 15, 2015
Hello everyone. I have a GTX 670 that i bought used. It works fine, i even did a furmark test and it runs at 65 degrees celsius and everything is ok.
The problem is that, sometimes, when i turn on the pc the monitor (HDMI) doesen't display any output and stays in standby. Then i disconnect the cable and reconnect and it works perfect. My monitor isn't anything fancy, just an old 19' LG 720p that i have connected with a VGA cable to a HDMI to VGA adapter to the graphics card.
Did someone had the same problem or can tell me what to look to solve this problem?

Solution
Which 670 is it? My MSI 670 PE was really bad for this.

Most of the time it was different HDMI revisions interacting with each other causing the issue. That was my experience anyway.

Gaspar Cosme

Honorable
Apr 15, 2015
I've had this problem.
In my case it was the monitor.
I think that unplugging and plugging works to wake up the monitor because it introduces a transient voltage.
I don't think there's anything wrong with doing this....but obviously it's not supposed to be this way.
I did some testing and apparently the issue is what you're telling me. That was driving me crazy, thank you very much.

Gaspar Cosme

Honorable
Apr 15, 2015
Hello everyone. I have a GTX 670 that i bought used. It works fine, i even did a furmark test and it runs at 65 degrees celsius and everything is ok.
The problem is that, sometimes, when i turn on the pc the monitor (HDMI) doesen't display any output and stays in standby. Then i disconnect the cable and reconnect and it works perfect. My monitor isn't anything fancy, just an old 19' LG 720p that i have connected with a VGA cable to a HDMI to VGA adapter to the graphics card.
Did someone had the same problem or can tell me what to look to solve this problem?

Update: I connected the pc to the tv (hdmi cable), turn it on just once, shut it down and connected the monitor back in the same way it was connected. Since then the issue never happened again.