[SOLVED] GTX 750 Ti 4 GB or GTX 1050 2 GB?

Feb 19, 2020
Hi..

Currently, im thinking about a lil upgrade because i start to feel a bit laggy when i play Dota 2 when clash 5v5.

My current specs:
Intel Core i3-3220 @ 3.30GHz
MSI Nvidia GT 710 2 GB Low Profile
LG Flatron E1951 (1366x768@60Hz) <- additional question, is that resolition that referred as 720p?
RAM 8 GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)
ASRock H61M-VS3 LGA 1155
TOSHIBA SATA HDD 1 TB T01ACA100
VenomRX Madara Series 700W

My fix plan is to upgrade the processor to Intel Core i5-3470 since it's LGA 1155, and im looking for the graphic cards upgrade too.
Would you buy the GTX 750 Ti 4 GB or GTX 1050 2 GB (Non Ti)? Since i dont know about the bottleneck thing. Both graphic cards in the same range price in my country (2nd hand).

My daily use for this PC is only to play Dota 2, and Youtube thing.
I appreciate every comment, thank you

Last edited:
Solution
Either would be a several hundred percent improvement. GTX1050 is the superior choice in terms of graphics power. The smaller memory amount will impact only higher resolutions, or more recent games with better textures and effects. Much of which you can disable anyway, so it should be fine.

You really ought to invest in another stick of memory to enable dual channel mode. CPU is fine for Dota2 I imagine. But if you are planning on spending the money for a CPU upgrade, see if you can track down an i7-3770. That will get you much more improvement that will last you longer before needing to upgrade. So spend a little more now to not have to spend on a replacement motherboard, ram, and CPU in a shorter time.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Either would be a several hundred percent improvement. GTX1050 is the superior choice in terms of graphics power. The smaller memory amount will impact only higher resolutions, or more recent games with better textures and effects. Much of which you can disable anyway, so it should be fine.

You really ought to invest in another stick of memory to enable dual channel mode. CPU is fine for Dota2 I imagine. But if you are planning on spending the money for a CPU upgrade, see if you can track down an i7-3770. That will get you much more improvement that will last you longer before needing to upgrade. So spend a little more now to not have to spend on a replacement motherboard, ram, and CPU in a shorter time.

Solution