Gtx 760 4gb

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sheratchet

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
I will be having that card and i might have a montior that is 2560x1080 resolution or a 1920x1080 depends on what i can afford so far. But in the future do you think 1 gtx 760 gb will be good enough for 3 monitors thats 1920x1080?

Solution
OK, any GTX7xx card will serve you well.
The stronger the card, the better your avg/minimum fps, and the more eye candy you can employ.
Buy as large or high resolution monitor as you want.
Consider a Korean import QNIX 27" 2560 x 1440 like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2RY0X59885
You can buy it on ebay for $310, shipped directly from Korea.

Adding a side monitor adds no load, I have a 1920 x 1200 open while gaming on a 2560 x 1600 monitor.
fps ususally seems to drop from 25% to 75% depending on the load when vram capacity is maxed. modded skryim can very much get near the 7-8gb of system ddr3 used even on 3gb+vram cards and then fetching as you say come straight from the hard drive. this may be from horrible codding from the game and also from unoptimised textures used from mods which are very large for no real reason. currently battlefield 3, 4 and crysis 3 are really the only games out that will use more than 2gb vram at 1080p if they are given more... although their performance impact isn't nearly as pronounced as skryim. if running 1440p however... severe microstudder will ensue on all those games especially in multiplayer where cpu resources are taxed and capped at 2gb vram.

@nicolai707:

Can you direct me to some benchmarks demonstrating 25% to 75% drop in fps?
I am interested in particular on how does the graphics card and amount of system ram play a part.
And, is a ssd helpful?

Windows will use ram as a cache, so possibly more than the 8gb gaming norm should be upped to 16gb for modded skyrim.

A SSD is a solid state disk drive.
Because it has no moving perts, it is 50x faster than a hard drive in random I/o, that is what the os does mostly.
It's best use is for the OS and whatever else you put on the "C" drive.
It connects just like any other sata drive.

As far as ram goes, no game will use more than 2-3gb of ram by itself. That is why 8gb is the norm.

TRENDING THREADS