GTX 760 working only on HDMI output

Mar 26, 2024
Hello everyone!

I have a GTX 760 and I'm suspecting it has a problem. As shown in the attached photo, this behavior keeps happening after a while of being turned on, usually between 1 and 2 hours of operation. In this case, the monitor is connected to the DisplayPort output (through an HDMI/DP adapter). However, when I connect the monitor to the HDMI output, the PC works normally.

I also thought the adapter might be defective, but I bought a new one and it still randomly displays colored screens or even restarts the PC by itself. So, could the problem simply be the graphics card or could it be something else? Thanks in advance.

VNW3utY.jpeg

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You've mentioned a few things but we're going to first need to know the specs to your build, like so;
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

You mentioned using an adapter, what sort of an adapter are we talking about here? Use GPU-Z and see if anything shows up with zero's. When the issue crops up, do you see a yellow exclamation mark get flagged in Device Manager? I'm assuming you're on Windows OS. If not, please mention the OS you're on.

Mar 26, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You've mentioned a few things but we're going to first need to know the specs to your build, like so;
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

You mentioned using an adapter, what sort of an adapter are we talking about here? Use GPU-Z and see if anything shows up with zero's. When the issue crops up, do you see a yellow exclamation mark get flagged in Device Manager? I'm assuming you're on Windows OS. If not, please mention the OS you're on.
HI, Lutfij! Thanks for your time! Here we go:

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz
CPU Cooler: Hyper T4 Cooler Master
Motherboard: Intel B75 chip (it's a chinese model from Aliexpress)
RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR3
SSD: SSD Adata Legend 750, 500GB, M.2 2280, PCIe NVMe
HD(1): 465GB SAMSUNG HD502HJ (SATA )
HD(2): 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00WN4A0 (SATA )
GPU: Zotac GTX 760
PSU: Corsair CX 550 - Age: About 7 years
Monitor: LG 23.8' Full HD

Ps: Here is the adapter

[url=https://postimg.cc/mtk3bHdY][/URL]

Last edited: