GTX 950 Crash starting games

Apr 14, 2018
Yeah so i have this card the gtx 950 windforce edition. I have never had any issues with this card. I bought it in the end of 2015. Never overclocked or did anything to it. Recently i have had this issue where every time i try to run a game that is a bit hungry on the gpu side, right after i press start game or continue. After the loading screen finishes my whole pc freezes and everything is stuck and i have to restart my pc. The mouse is not responsive neither is the keyboard. I discovered this with Dark Souls 3. I tried burnout paradise, it was fine with that but then i tried to play Elite Dangerous and the problem was there again. Later on i uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers and tried running Dark Souls 3. It worked and i played for a good few hours. But once i turned off my pc and then tried to run the game the next day the issue was back again. I tried to reinstall drivers and it fixed it again but every time i turn off my pc and turn it back on the problem is back. I did the DDU (display driver uninstall) thing in safe mode as well and then downloaded and installed the drivers all over again but the problem is still there. I am thinking of doing a fresh windows install even though i just did it like a month and a half ago but can anyone help me out with this and tell me what the heck is going on with my gpu? I mean it is clear that the graphics card works fine and it is probably some driver based issue.Here are my system specs go as:

Core i7 3770
16gb corsair vengeance ram
Intel DH67CL motherboard
250GB WD blue SSD
1TB Toshiba HDD
Thermaltake Smart SE 630W psu
GTX 950 2gb Gigabyte windforce edition.