[SOLVED] Gtx 970 82c MAX on full load never changed thermal paste

emirhangamer71

Prominent
Aug 22, 2020
The gpu and the pc was custom built in 2015 I never changed the gpu's thermal paste I only changed cpu's thermal paste in 2019 or 2020 cpu was never above 56 c but its on 66c its around 30-37c daily in the summer right now should I be worried and change my thermal paste? cpu=i5 4590 2 intake 1 exhaust or the other way around I dont remember I have another 120mm not in the system there is 1 200mm and 2 120mm fans should I put the 120mm fan in to a emtpy fan placement?
Edit:and yes my msi after burner profile makes the fan 100% most of the time I dont hear it because headphones

Solution
The gpu and the pc was custom built in 2015 I never changed the gpu's thermal paste I only changed cpu's thermal paste in 2019 or 2020 cpu was never above 56 c but its on 66c its around 30-37c daily in the summer right now should I be worried and change my thermal paste? cpu=i5 4590 2 intake 1 exhaust or the other way around I dont remember I have another 120mm not in the system there is 1 200mm and 2 120mm fans should I put the 120mm fan in to a emtpy fan placement?
Edit:and yes my msi after burner profile makes the fan 100% most of the time I dont hear it because headphones
try to totally clean your gpu heatsinks/fins free from dust, re lube your fan using sewing machine oil (i used singer oil and now my gpu fan as fluid as...
try to totally clean your gpu heatsinks/fins free from dust, re lube your fan using sewing machine oil (i used singer oil and now my gpu fan as fluid as ever), replace using a good thermal paste like kingpin kpx and tg kryonaut, or if you prefer to save some bucks, go with gelid gc extreme or arctic mx4 and mx5.

Solution

emirhangamer71

Prominent
Aug 22, 2020
try to totally clean your gpu heatsinks/fins free from dust, re lube your fan using sewing machine oil (i used singer oil and now my gpu fan as fluid as ever), replace using a good thermal paste like kingpin kpx and tg kryonaut, or if you prefer to save some bucks, go with gelid gc extreme or arctic mx4 and mx5.
I planed on going to a computer repair shop near my home that I worked for 1 summer last year should I apply it myself? is there a risk that I will break it?